You need information to protect information. The following resources will help you identify and avoid phishing scams.
UD phishing resources
- Secure UD “Take a BITE out of phish!” campaign, an initiative to raise awareness about phishing.
- Best practices, a list of recommended procedures for computing security
- Phishing examples, a list of annotated sample phishing emails
Have a potential phish to report? Forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other phishing resources
- Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks, an article from US-CERT that explains what phishing is and what you should do to stay safe
- Snopes.com, a resource for identifying phishing scams, fraudulent emails, and other hoaxes
- Phishing | OnGuard Online, a phishing resource from the US government’s internet safety web site
- About.com phishing scams, an article that covers the basics of phishing scams and that provides sample phishing emails