Delaware 4-H State Camp Opportunities
Online Registration Opens April 1 at 10:00 am
Please read the 2022 4-H State Camp Newsletter for more information on both of these camps!
State Environmental Camp at Camp Barnes – June 10-12: For youth 8-12 years old:
- This is an experience you won’t want to miss that allows you to explore basic soil and environmental science Getting your hands dirty, exploring the forest, and looking for critters was never so much fun!
- Camp officially starts at 3:00 m. on Friday, June 10. Camp will conclude at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, June 12.
- A variety of classes related to the environment will be available for your participation, and classes are taught by University of Delaware undergraduate and graduate Previous campclasses have included topics such as “Is River Water Safe to Drink? and “Digging Up the Dirt on Soil Microbes.” New classes are added each year. Each afternoon provides time for recreation, such as swimming and canoeing. You will be assigned to a group for afternoon and campfire activities.
- Bus transportation will be available for Kent and New Castle County
- This year’s camp fee will be $145.00. (Note: The change in fee is the result of increased per camper fees that will be assessed to Delaware 4-H by Camp Barnes due to the current COVID situation.)
Weeklong 4-H State Camp (11-19 years old—Open to RETURNING campers and first-year campers 11 years old and older by June 1, 2022)
- The date for WEEK 1 is June 13-18 and WEEK 2 is June 20-25. This camp officially starts with lunch on Monday and ends after breakfast on
- State 4-H Camps (Week 1 and Week 2) are held at Camp Barnes located in southeast Sussex Count on beautiful Miller’s
- You will be assigned to a people group for afternoon and campfire
- Bus transportation will be available for New Castle and Kent County
- This year’s camp fee will be $375.00. (Note: The change in fee is the result of increased per camper fees that will be assessed to Delaware 4-H by Camp Barnes due to the current COVID situation)