Throughout the world, Blue Hens are living through these moments together. Day by day, we rise and make decisions about our health and wellness, the communities that we support and that support us, and what we can do to feel that we are thriving despite these challenging times. Whether it’s a quiet sunrise, a favorite meal, or a little brick courtyard that reminds us of our beautiful and bustling campus, we are never alone in these thoughts — and we know that every step we take to protect our flock brings us closer to each other once again.
The nature-based self-care brochure featured at right includes a list of outdoor spaces to explore within 100 miles of UD, as well as tips and resources to help you or a group opt outside wherever you are.
Looking to become a more active community member? Check out these 25 action steps for personal and community wellbeing and follow along with the #BITBatUD hashtag on Instagram for weekly bystander intervention tips.
For more ways to connect with your UD community this semester, check out our HENgagement page!
Nature-Based Self-Care Guide [PDF]
NAVIGATING CHANGE TOGETHER
The University’s second annual Blue Hen Re-Coop Day will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 3, coinciding with a break in classes for the presidential election. This year has challenged us all, and more than ever, this day is an opportunity to pause and reflect on your wellbeing. Whether you can set aside a minute, an hour, or the day, these activities are designed to help all of us navigate the various changes before us as a community:
Before Nov. 3
• Take an anonymous, confidential assessment of your alcohol, marijuana or prescription drug use through ScreenU for immediate, personalized feedback and resources.
• Join fellow students interested in prioritizing their wellbeing for social events and wellness themed activities in a new online community.
• Gear up for Halloween with Spooktacular Haunts for Home and tips for staying safe.
On Nov. 3
• Take a break for creativity and relaxation through the 28 to Make: Art Making Video Series of the Alexander Street library, courtesy of UD Library.
• Explore our Wellness Breaks for quick, low-tech activities that can enhance your self-care.