Join the Division of Student Life team
About the Division of Student Life
Recently recognized in 2021 and 2022 as one of the “Most Promising Places to Work in Student Affairs” by Diverse: Issues in Higher Education, the Division of Student Life comprises 14 units and 193 full-time staff who provide a multitude of nationally recognized co-curricular experiences and services in the areas of career readiness, engagement, equity and inclusion, and wellbeing for undergraduate and graduate students.
Interested in joining the UD Student Life team?
If you are interested in joining the UD Student Life team, but do not see a current position posting that fits your interests, please click the button below to share your contact information. We will keep your information on file and reach out if an opportunity arises. Thank you!
full-time staff members
student and miscellaneous wage employees
functional areas of service
minute walk across campus
Student Life Prospectus
The University of Delaware seeks experienced, innovative, strategic leaders to join our Division of Student Life team.
Student Life’s Mission, Vision and Values
Learn what drives our division.
About the Division of Student Life
Student Life team members contribute to our division’s high-priority initiatives:
- Moving forward our Advancing Racial Equity & Inclusion plan.
- Opening the Center for Intercultural Engagement.
- A new office for Community Standards and Conflict Resolution has been launched to support educational opportunities around restorative justice and conflict prevention.
- Providing access to 24/7 virtual mental health support through TimelyCare.
- Developing WE CARE Team coordinated with multiple offices to better support student athletes in distress.
- Assessing and improving the student experience with the Student Experience Master Plan.
Portfolios Guiding our Work
Student Life is organized into five programmatic and three operational portfolios.
- Student Experience & Belonging
- Student Support & Advocacy
- Student Culture & Equity
- Student Wellbeing
- Post-graduate & Student Success Integration
- Strategic Initiatives
- Business Operations
- Student Life Development & Alumni Engagement
“The student experience, we believe, will continue to be a differentiator for college-going students in the coming decade. We work to stay fresh and invite new ways of conceiving of student affairs on campus.”
Dr. José-Luis Riera,
Vice President for Student Life
I love working at UD because of the supportive, positive, and collaborative environments created within the Division of Student Life! I always appreciate how everyone is willing to help, not afraid to try something new, or willing to support a program when needed.
I love working for the University of Delaware Division of Student Life because I like contributing to initiatives that support the holistic development of our students. Doing good work with like-minded people who are dedicated to our students’ growth and positive experiences makes my work feel less like a job and more like a valued mission.
Recent Awards & Recognition
- 2021 & 2022 “Most Promising Places to Work in Student Affairs” by Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Seal of Prevention by the Campus Prevention Network
- Outstanding Leadership Program and Educator Workshops by the Association of Leadership Educators
- Gold Award for Leadership Programming by the NASPA-Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- Innovation in Housing & Residence Life by ACPA-College Student Educators International
- Two awards for Outstanding Accomplishments by the Northeast Greek Leadership Association
- Five “Steal This Idea” Awards from ACUI
- Two Annuit Cœptis Emerging Leaders designated by ACPA-College Student Educators International
- Staff holding national and regional leadership positions in ACUI, Student Affairs Assessment Leaders
- Holidays and paid time away from work
- Retiree benefits and employer contribution matching
- Tuition benefits
- Career development
- Health and life insurance
- Health, wellbeing and fitness resources