A Journey of Change with My Second Family

I do not know where to start. Most of the things I’ve ever done so far are indescribable, and I’m still only halfway on the road.  I  have learned more things in a week than I have learned in months.  Every day is better than the day before.  I have gone back to a sense of learning that I almost los. I will start step by step .

Civic Engagement with Hussein at the Garden for the Community

The Beginning: MY SECOND FAMILY

When I met with other UD MEPIs and the staff for the first time at Georgetown University I said to myself that I will spend 6 weeks with them  and then every person after that go to achieve this dream or goal just like that quick process, but I did not know that those same people will become  my brothers & sisters.   I did not know they will be with me in a life changing experience riding together in this journey and will become my MY SECOND FAMILY everyday I learn new thing from them.   We are like a big happy family.  Professer Tracey as our mom and Rachel acting like our big sister and the staff as our older brothers and sisters who protecting us.  Everyone cares about one another—it is kind of funny but it is true so big love to my second family.

Meeting Senator Chris Coons

Meeting Senator Chris Coons

As far as education goes, I have attended many motivational lectures ..

They have made ​​me think of another way … new goals -high goals.  We have learned about the use of media to persuade—its goals, advantages and disadvantages. We learned about the American political culture, we have volunteered at sites that are more than wonderful, we met important people like Senator Chris Coons—the highest political position I met in my life.

We made friends in a short period more than what can be described verbally.  I have learned so much about my weaknesses and my strengths.

The present: today

Another beautiful educational day happened today.  First, we had Dr.. Muqtedar Khan giving us a lecture on “Islam and the Challenges of Pluralism and Democracy.”   This is a lecture that  I have not found in my home as a Muslim country.  We learned more about accepting other religions—it was a stimulating lecture, full of ideas and after a lecture on democracy and Islam, we went to the mosque for Friday prayers.  I felt like I was at my mosque in my home country.

Tricky Pic 3

… and then we attended a lecture with Jason Mycoff for “Political Action and Voter Mobilization.”  We learned about the main points to win any campaign or race, or any competition what you need to win, what is the most important things you need to run a campaign.  We learned a lot from him.  Everyday we learn new ideas, new strategies.   Blue Hen forever.

Tricky Pic 4

–Younis Moussa

Bookmark the permalink.