Last Night in Thailand

Submitted by Sydney Gaffin on the 2024 Winter DIST program in Australia and Thailand…

Last Night River Cruise in Bangkok 

On our last night in Thailand, we wrapped up our trip with an amazing river cruise in Bangkok that showed the fabulous city at night. It was a great way to end our trip and take in the last moments of this amazing country. On the river cruise we were filled with a delightful cuisine buffet of so many Thai authentics such as pad thai, papaya salad, so much seafood, some great spicy soups, and to top it off mango sticky rice for dessert; which was definitely one of my favorite things I have tried here. We were also greeted with a Thai traditional dance that showed beautiful and graceful body movements with lavish costumes and music. Also, a performer dressed in a lavish Sak Yant monkey attire was there dancing too. In Thai tradition, the Sak Yant monkey means good luck and fortune. So for our last night, he was bringing us all good luck for our travels back home. Though the highlight of my night was how everyone all came together danced and sung the night away. We had a mix of Thai music and American music but we all were able to come together and have one more amazing night in Thailand! I am so sad to go but I will cherish all the memories I made in Thailand forever. (Submitted on January 26, 2024)