Spain: Seville

Submitted by Cameron Kravitz on the 2022 spring semester program in Madrid, Spain…

As I approach the second half of my study abroad program, time seems to be flying by even faster! While it seems like I have been in Madrid for months, it also feels like we just arrived yesterday. I am so thankful for all of the memories that I have made so far along with all of the people that I have met from both UD as well as other schools. As I reflect on my time here, it is hard for me to believe how much I have learned and how much I have grown as a person in just two months. I have definitely gained a greater sense of independence and confidence by living abroad in ways that I did not expect. Not only have I have learned to balance my responsibilities better, but I have also learned to appreciate the world around me more and take note of things that I may not have before. Although I am now more than halfway done with this semester, I plan on taking full advantage of my time left and exploring Spain as much as possible.

This past weekend, we had the opportunity to travel to Seville, which may be my favorite place that we have visited so far in Spain! The scenery was beautiful and the architecture was amazing, specifically that of the Royal Alcázar of Seville and of Plaza de España. The Alcázar is the oldest royal palace that is in use in Europe, and is filled with different areas to explore and learn about. Plaza de España is the main square in Seville, where it has colorful ceramic benches along with a canal that has boats available to rent. We also climbed La Giralda Tower in the daytime in order to see a view of the city and of the Catedral de Sevilla, as well as the Setas de Sevilla at night time in order to admire the light show that took place. While in Seville, we also went to a traditional flamenco show consisting of singers, musicians, and dancers. Their entire performance was amazing and I loved learning more about the culture in Seville through this experience!

Setas de Sevilla
Traditional Flamenco Show
Plaza de España
Royal Alcázar of Seville
Catedral de Sevilla