England: Weekend in Wales

Submitted by Caroline Knotts on the 2022 spring semester program in London, England…

Getting to explore the UK has been one of my favorite parts of studying abroad in London. A short train ride can take you to many different cities and in my case, a different country. Traveling by rail is now one of my favorite methods of transportation and I have found it easy to do school work, read or just relax and enjoy the views of the countryside zipping by.

This past weekend, I enjoyed a short trip to Wales where I was able to eat homecooked meals, relax by the fire and even go coasteering, surfing, and hiking. Coasteering was the activity that I enjoyed the most as I suited up in a wetsuit, climbed cliffs, and swam in the cold water. I loved jumping from the cliffs and seeing the views from the top. I also had the opportunity to go surfing even though the surf wasn’t particularly good while I was there. This was my first time doing anything close to surfing and I definitely would love to experience it again. On Sunday, I got to go on a seven mile hike and see the beautiful coastal views of Wales and encountered many fields of sheep on the way,

Wales was a nice weekend escape from the hustle and bustle of London and a must-do if you are in the UK for an extended period of time. I enjoyed my time there and the views from the coast are unmatched.