France: Sad to Leave Paris

Submitted by Heather Fard on the 2020 winter session study abroad program in Paris, France sponsored by the Department of Biological Sciences…

My last week in Paris was amazing and sad. We had to take in our last bits of the city and get done all of the things we wanted to check off our Paris bucket lists. I had my final meals at my favorite spots by our school and our last meals of French cuisine. I ended up really liking escargot and we got it almost twice every week. On one of our last days, my classmates and I went to the catacombs. It was eerie and creepily beautiful down there. All of the bones were so meticulously placed and they had made designs out of the arrangement of skulls. My friends that are studying abroad in Barcelona came to Paris to visit for my last weekend. I went to the spots I had already been one last time. We bought a lock and went to the famous lock bridge Pont des Arts, right by the Louvre, and put our names on the lock and threw the key in the river. On our last night, the entire group went to the top of the Eiffel Tower. We  got rained on in typical Paris fashion. I was so sad to leave Paris, it was such an amazing experience going abroad, and I hope to study again in Europe some day.

Our last time getting Escargot at Cafe Kleber
The Paris Catacombs
My last photo taken at the Eiffel Tower
Our locks on the bridge Pont des Arts