Australia: Inspiring Experiences

Submitted by a student on the 2020 winter session program in Australia and Thailand sponsored by the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics…

As my study abroad program is coming to a close, I’d like to reflect on the last few things I was able to experience during my last week here in Sydney, Australia. I was finally able to visit two different beaches, Bondi and Manly, and watch the sunset. Both beaches had a different aesthetic, Bondi being more touristy and Manly being a local beach. I was also lucky enough to have visited an animal sanctuary called Walkabout Wildlife Park where we were able to see and learn about different animals such as kangaroos, koalas, dingoes, etc., and learn about the history of the Aboriginal people. The last and final highlight I experienced was seeing the Sydney Opera House and the Harbor Bridge. Both are significant landmarks in the center of Sydney. They both were built upon a rich history and continue to share an inspiring story. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. The people I met and the friends I made are things I will look back on and cherish forever. I would highly recommend this program to others and would encourage them to share their stories and experiences as well.

Kangaroo
Koala
Sydney Harbor Bridge
Sydney Opera House