Arriving in Sydney, Australia

Submitted by a student on the 2020 winter session program in Australia and Thailand sponsored by the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics…

We finally departed Thailand and have arrived in Sydney, Australia. The first weekend upon our arrival, we had the freedom to explore this beautiful city. Personally, I felt that Sydney was very similar to New York City except not as dirty or crowded. The people were friendly and always seemed relaxed, never in a rush. I liked that about Sydney and knew I would enjoy my time here. With my free time, I decided to check out a few local restaurants and coffee shops as well as some significant landmarks. I used public transportation for the first time to move around the city where I saw the beautiful St. Mary’s Cathedral as well as the Botanical Gardens. My favorite landmark so far was Darling Harbor. Darling Harbor is basically a harbor in the center of Sydney where they have various restaurants, bars, shops, and hold frequent events. I have one more week here in Sydney and plan to see the pretty beaches, blue mountains, and maybe catch a sunset as well.

Darling Harbor
St. Mary’s Cathedral
Botanical Gardens
Botanical Gardens
Center of the city in Sydney