Unforgettable Time in France

Submitted by Alexis Short on the 2018 winter session study abroad program France sponsored by the Department of Art…

As busy Fashion Week came to an end, week four in Paris was the perfect time to take a step back and reflect on my experience. As my time in Paris came to an end, I wanted to explore the city one last time. My program included a few free days, so it was the perfect time to do some sightseeing. In just a couple of days, I visited the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, Sacré-Cœur, Champs-Élysées, the Louis Vuitton Foundation to see the Museum of Modern Art and much more. Every museum and monument in Paris is so beautiful.

My last week was also a great time to think back on the time I spent in Paris and everything I learned abroad. I learned so much about French culture, history, language and much more. Living in Paris for a month really gave me a new perspective.

I went in with an open mind and came out with so many unforgettable experiences. I learned some French and improved my photography skills through my two photography courses. Being immersed in a different culture really gave me a new outlook on life. I was able to try new foods, learn a new language and see a new culture. Studying abroad in Paris, France was the most incredible experience and I am so thankful for the opportunity.