Spain: New Blue Hen Friends

Submitted by Cassidy Flanigan on the 2017 winter session program in Spain sponsored by the College of Arts and Sciences…

Before coming on this program, I was extremely nervous because I did not know one single person who would be embarking on this journey with me. As it got closer and closer to the departure date and as I listened to my friends talk about the study abroad programs they were going on with people they knew, I got even more freaked out. I was afraid I wouldn’t have as much fun because I didn’t really have a close friend to travel with. Even the first day and a half in Spain, I was worried and felt like it was going to be a long, lonely three weeks. After not even two days though, I started to make friends. Now it’s been two weeks and I feel as if I have known these girls forever. I have become good friends with everyone, but I have definitely met a few girls here that have already became important to me. I am so happy I went on this program because it introduced me to a wonderful group of people and some best friends!