Great Meals in Denmark

Submitted by Alexa Hosino on the 2014 spring semester study abroad program in London, England…

If it’s one thing I’ve learned Denmark is known for, it’s the bread.  Not what one would initially expect as an offering of this Danish country, and yet I couldn’t get enough of it.  One morning, my breakfast consisted of what resembled the taste of a homemade Kit-Kat bar.  Imagine a toasted “brown” bread smothered in butter topped with a crisp, yet thin layer of a chocolate wafer.  Needless to say, the chocolate melted to perfection amongst the warm bread, and heaven was created.  I noticed the Danish have a way of taking basic and simple ingredients and compiling them into delicious concoctions.  For lunch, I stumbled upon a cafe called Joe & the Juice.  The slow trance music booming from inside immediately drew me in.  Plush couches lined the walls and seeing as there wasn’t an empty seat in sight, I knew I had struck gold.  I had recently been craving some spice so I decided to try their Spicy Tuna Sandwich.  This fierce choice consisted of fresh tuna lined with layers of jalapenos and Tabasco sauce all compiled in between thin, crisp pieces of bread.Joe & Juice tuna sandwich Alexa Hosino 14S London sm

I easily could have eaten two in one sitting, however I decided to forgo that temptation and instead, ended up at Joe & the Juice again while in the airport.  But hey, the heart wants what the heart wants.  I was also fortunate enough to see another official football game and and check out the little mermaid statue in Copenhagen.  All and all it was an amazing last trip to have before coming back to the States.

Students in Denmark Alexa Hosino 14S London smBoats Alexa Hosino 14S London sm