Preparing to Leave Paris

Submitted by Lauren Saracen on the 2014 winter session study abroad program in Paris, France sponsored by the Department of Fashion and Apparel Studies…

Since this is my last week in Paris, I have been using my time wisely to experience more of the Parisian culture. For example, I went to the Notre Dame Cathedral and walked all the way up to the top, overlooking the whole city of Paris during the day. It was unbelievable. I could see the Eiffel Tower in such a clear view. Also, I visited the ‘Love Lock Bridge’ where one buys a lock and writes something personal on their lock, locking it onto the bridge. I locked my lock on the bridge!

Love Locks Bridge Paris Laura Saracen 14W Paris FASH smThis week I also took a train ride to Belgium, Antwerp along with the Fashion group. It was such a fun experience. I purchased so many yummy chocolates,waffles, and french fries. They are well known to have the best chocolate, waffles, and french fries! I guess its easy to say that I was “pigging out” in Belgium.

Belgian Waffle Lauran Saracen 14W Paris FASH sm

I’m sad to say that the program is coming to an end. I have had such an unforgettable experience. If I have another opportunity to come to Paris, I would take that opportunity in a heart beat. Now that my dream has come true, I can’t wait to share to all my experiences through pictures and long fun filled conversations. Until we meet again Paris, AU REVOIR!

Student Paris Lauren Saracen 14W Paris FASH sm