Final Days in London

Submitted by Sheila Ward on the 2013 fall semester program in London, England…

I cannot believe how fast this semester has been. I only have  five days left in London which is unreal to me! It feels like yesterday that I was getting off the plane at Heathrow feeling both excited and nervous for the semester to come. I have learned so much from my time studying in London. When I first arrived, I could not imagine myself living in a different country away from my family and friends, but know I find myself dreading the day I have to leave London. I would highly recommend studying in London to anyone. Compared to the rest of Europe, London is a very unique city with much to offer. It’s amazing how diverse the city actually is. One moment, you can be in a posh upper class neighborhood and just around the corner you’re in a young and hip area. After traveling to different countries, I really could not see myself studying anywhere else. I will definitely take every opportunity possible to spend time again in London.

This week, I have all my finals and final papers due. Thankfully, I have completed the majority of my papers, so I now just have one final to study for. Apart from studying, this week I plan on going back to some of my favorite places in London: Covent Garden, Big Ben, Tower Bridge, Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens just to name a few.