London Attractions

Submitted by Dylan O’Keeffe on the 2013 fall semester program in London, England…

With another week under my belt in this great place, I really feel like I am a true Londoner. This past week was jam packed with a visit to Stonehenge and Bath, Tower Bridge, the London Eye, and much more. I enjoyed our visit to Stonehenge very much. To truly appreciate it you have to remind yourself that such a grand monument was created in such simple times. After a short while it was time to board the bus and head to Bath.

After winding and weaving through the roads of the English countryside for two hours, the bus arrived at Bath. Skipping to the front of the line, our tour guide took the group through one of the oldest Roman baths in England. The preservation and beauty of the bath was breathtaking. A meal in a local café ended a long day of sight-seeing.

To finish off the weekend, a few classmates and I figured it was time to check out the London Eye and Tower Bridge. While heading to the London Eye we couldn’t help but notice that the line would last all day. We decided to save it for another day. However, an attraction just across from the Eye, The London Dungeon, grabbed our attention. An indoor 90-minute tour through the eerie history of London’s past is the best way to describe it. We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. The plague, Guy Fawkes, Sweeney Todd, Jack the Ripper and more, all had a chance to scare us. This fun, spooky, and educational adventure was an awesome way to spend the afternoon. It was one of my favorite attractions thus far. Afterwards, we took the tube over to Tower Bridge and enjoyed a nice walk across the bridge. The rainy weather forced us to walk very quickly so I will have to go back again.