Buenos Aires, Argentina

Submitted by Alexandra DiDonato on the 2013 fall semester program in Buenos Aires, Argentina…

It’s hard to believe we’ve been here two weeks already, the days have just flown by! It’s been a crazy week for everybody trying to get adjusted to new classes and professors, but overall, classes don’t seem like they’ll be too bad and I’m looking forward to all the new things I’ll be learning about Argentina and the Spanish language.

On Thursday, the whole group went to the La Virtura dance club for dinner and tango lessons! Needless to say, we weren’t anywhere near as good as the natives at tango. It’s a lot harder than it looks! It was really fun and I’m sure if I practice we’ll all be better at it in no time.

This weekend,  I took a day trip to La Catedral near La Plaza de Mayo. The architecture was absolutely stunning. It’s crazy to believe this church is open to the public and people actually worship here every Sunday! Everything inside seems like it should belong in a museum.

One of many amazing areas of La Catedral.

We also toured La Casa Rosada, officially the “Governor’s House” where the current President works and where many important events have taken place over Argentina’s history. It also has a very interesting museum with a lot of really cool historic paintings and busts of former presidents.

La Casa Rosada Alexandra DiDonato 13F Argentina sm
La Casa Rosada

This week is the last trial week of classes before the real fun begins. Hopefully, we will all come out of it with a schedule we’re happy with!