Granada FC vs. Atletico Madrid

Submitted by Meghan Noury on the 2012 fall semester program in Granada, Spain…

Below are a few more photos from our  visit to Córdoba…

Puente Romano

Saturday consisted of me being a lazy bum on a rainy day… catching up on my Grey’s Anatomy, and then at night Elena, Meg, Leah, Chrissy and I ventured to Plaza de los Toros for a tapa night! Plaza de los Toros is a little outside the center part of Granada, but it is a lively place filled with young Spanish people! It’s literally an old bullfighting arena that is closed, but  outside of the arena are tapa bars, restaurants, and pubs! It was so much fun, we had a blast, and I love meeting Spanish people our age!

Sunday was also my first SPANISH FUTBOL GAME!!! I would have been SO angry with myself if I came all the way to Spain and didn’t see their most famous sport. The Spanish are known for soccer. I swear they come out of the womb kicking a soccer ball. 2 year olds could probably kick my butt at the game… but seriously. The game we went to last night was Granada FC (Granada’s team) verus the NUMBER 2 TEAM IN THE LEAGUE, Atletico Madrid. Granada is way down on the charts, but is still in the most prestigious and competitive league, which means they are still very, very good. To be able to see a game with the number 2 team in the league was pretty amazing. We went to a few tapa places before entering this roaring crowd…

It was a full house. And with the almost NO organized seating arrangements (even though we each had a specific seat) we got to sit SO CLOSE! it was awesome!

Granada vs. At Madrid!

Some crazy fans, young and old, with their red and white Granada FC scarves. Siempre Granada!!!

That yellow blur is the bright yellow soccer ball in flight! action shot.. score!

THAT yellow blur is amazing save from the Granada goalie! They were holding their own!

The gang after the game… we lost, 0-1, as almost expected… but we played so well for playing against the #2 team! Left to right: top is Ian, Meg, Max, Camila, Alex. Bottom is Elena, Cristina, and I! Yay!

Today I had volunteering, where I taught my kids about Thanksgiving. They were a little confused, but they love talking about food and turkey! It’s sad I’m missing my always hectic Thanksgiving day with my family, but I am going to try to skype with my family while they’re all at my house Thursday! 

This Wednesday is also the CLM (Centro de Lenguas Modernas.. aka my school) championship futbol game! And my program is in the finals!!!! My contribution is to just sprint up and down the court as many times as I can, because Lord knows I am not foot-eye coordinated… but it’ll be a great game! 

This weekend, me and some girls (Alyssa, Elena, Maddie, Meg, Rachel, Chloe, Leah and Chrissy) are going up Saturday to Sunday to the SIERRA NEVADAS which is the huge mountain range in Granada, and some other parts of Andalucia… aka, the mountains I have as my backyard. I can’t wait for this girl’s night! We rented an apartment for these 24 hours, and it will be full of nail painting, hair doing, hot chocolate drinking fun! A day in the mountains? Can’t wait!