Good-bye to Granada

Submitted by Caitlin Baker on the 2012 spring semester program in Granada, Spain…

As I sit in my room and finish up the last of my packing , I really am amazed that my time in Granada is over. I remember so clearly getting ready to come here and feeling anxious about what lay ahead for the next five months. I feel so grateful to have had the opportunity to spend a semester here. Although I feel sad to leave, the eye-opening experiences I have had here are what stand out most to me as I prepare to say good-bye. I have learned to adapt to a different culture, improved my Spanish, gotten to travel around Europe, and bonded with a new groups of friends –both American and Spanish –  and these are just some of the unique experiences I have been fortunate enough to have here. Going away to college at UD was a big step for me and definitely gave me new found independence and being abroad has absolutely expanded on that. I will always look at this time with fond memories and carry what I have learned here with me for the rest of my life!