- Math549: Coding Theory and Cryptography.
- Math829: Special Topics Course on Boolean Functions.
- Finite fields and applications.
- Polynomials over finite fields, particularly their roles in projective geometry, information security and combinatorics.
- Construction and classification of Cartesian groups, quasifields and semifields.
- Automorphism groups of combinatorial and algebraic objects, and the interrelated problems of isotopy of algebraic objects and isomorphism of projective planes.
You can find a publication list here.
The following students have so far had the extreme wisdom (i.e. been foolish enough) to work with me on their PhDs:
- Todd Gutekunst (completed May 08, now at King’s College)
- Pamela Kosick (completed Dec 09, now at Stockton University)
- Chris Castillo (completed May 15)
- Chris Ulicny (departed with Masters, May 15)
- Patrick Cesarz (current, still here at UD)
- Paul Hearding (current)
- Emily Bergman (current, still here at UD)
- Bradley Fain (current, still here at UD)