Virtual Agent is a no-code AI chatbot in preview now.  We have no earthly idea how much this will cost and that will drive adoption but it looks incredible.

When posting a file from 365 or onedrive into a teams chat, just copy paste the sharing URL.  It’ll transform that to a document card and give immediate easy to use controls for who to share edit or just view access to within a team.

I talked to several teams about the idea of posting an adaptive card in line in a teams chat that holds a planner task.  This way if your’e discussing X with people A B and C, everybody will know that you assigned it to person A, and what was assigned.  No one group knew how to do that but each group had a part of it.  I’m hoping to cobble this information together when I return.  I may have to send the end product to a few dev’s if I get it running the way I want.

Note that Project data is all in CDS so that’s another use case for that platform; though Graph may be able to achieve the same thing.

Regarding yesterday’s notes that detail how to custom edit lists with JSON, there’s a Sharepoint List Custom Formatting github site with a TON Of examples!  We should seriously explore this broadly, and especially within the nexus and deandocs!

Kinect is back!  The Kinect Azure DK (azure not required) is available for purchase!  $400 isn’t cheap but it’s a newer nicer model and I have a soft spot for this tech (as I already own an X-Box version with a PC adapter, a developers model and final product of the Windows Kinect sensor). They featured some SharePoint spaces mixed reality with it that was interesting.

They also previewed the HoloLense 2.  The field of view is better than the V1 but still not quite big enough of a field of view for me.  At $3500 I expect a lot more.  I’ll wait for the 3 I guess. 🙁

We need to establish both a Home Site and one or more Hub Sites.  Hub sites are easy, you just promote a site to a hub site and then start associate sites with it.  It security trims well, and gives a shared navigation/experience to your array of sites.  You can also share news at the hub, and even use audience targetting if that’s of interest.

They’re working on letting you put hubs inside of other hubs; coming soon!