UD Seeking Multimedia Interns
The multimedia intern should have a passion for visual storytelling and creating shareable, relevant content on the University of Delaware’s official social media accounts. This position will work 15 hours per week, two to three days each week dependent upon the needs of current visual projects.
Up to $10/hour
- Unique eye for video and photo (shooting both on a DSLR)
- Skilled in editing with Final Cut X or Adobe Premiere
- Skilled in editing in Photoshop (and utilizing Photo Mechanic)
- Knowledge of Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest
- Fill in for video and photo assignments when needed, including occasional night and weekend event coverage. Intern may be assigned an event to cover, producing a photo gallery and/or short (60- to 90-second) video. Photos and/or video will be posted soon after the event as timely news coverage.
- Review videos submitted for posting to UD’s YouTube page and offer constructive criticism regarding audio, lower thirds, branding and content. These videos are submitted from departments and colleges across campus.
- Edit/tone and resize photos in Photoshop for posting to social media.
- Upload content to the digital asset management system for use on www.udel.edu, which includes naming, keywording, captioning and resizing images to standardize specs.
- Conceive unique visual story ideas and posts for UD’s main social media channels.
- Assist the Multimedia Specialist on video/photoshoots when a second camera is needed.
- Track official UD hashtags (e.g., #UDel, #UDWelcome, #UDWinter and other seasons, athletics, etc.) on Instagram and Twitter to pull the best content for re-posting and roundup galleries.
- Scan UD archives and Blue Hen Yearbooks for #tbt photos.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Please send an email to email@example.com that includes your resume.