Italy: Mom’s Visit

Submitted by Kaitlyn McConeghy on the 2018 spring semester program in Rome, Italy…

This week, I was lucky enough to have my Mom come to visit!!!  My Mom is one of my best friends, so it was so nice to have a little bit of home here in Rome for the week (she brought me a couple of my favorite things from the U.S.—almond butter, People magazine, my shampoo).  It was also really fun to play “tour guide” for the week, and made me realize just how comfortable I’ve gotten here.

On the last night, a group of my friends and I all brought our parents out to eat at one of our favorite restaurants (which we only go to when someone’s parents are visiting and picking up the check), and it was such a special night.  Our parents got to bond and spend a night experiencing our “life” in Rome—the friends we spend time with, the sights we see every day, and mostly the struggles of trying to get a table for 10 people.  I was SO happy to see my Mom after 3 months apart, and I can’t wait to see her again in just 1 month (!!!)  I officially have less than a month left in Rome, so I can’t wait to enjoy my last few weeks here.