Adventures in Australia

Submitted by Veronica Mikhail on the 2017 spring semester program in Sydney, Australia…

It has truly begun to feel as though Australia is my new home. Through the experiences that I have encountered thus far, I have gained a more developed perspective of the Australian culture. In comparing the dynamic of the lifestyles here to that back home, particular values have began to surface and as a result I am now understanding the necessary priorities I should uphold in a typical lifestyle.

Going through life, we often assume that there is a set of things to do in this world that we are just not capable of carrying out. You think you can’t do something until you HAVE to do it and then you realize there is nothing you can’t do. We’re placed into unforeseen circumstances that we deem “to hard” to persevere through, but I have learned that tribulations are not given to those who cannot handle them but rather they are only given to those who can conquer them, those that are capable of victory, those who will one day be heroes – It is a blessing (not in disguise), just a blessing.

I am quickly learning that adventures are all around us waiting to be sought out. The concept of “adventure” is often associated with specific locations or activities, but realistically, that notion is only true if we are bound by an internal sense of limitation. Adventure is where our creative mind takes us. In this photo, I stumbled upon such a beautiful place without prior knowledge of its existence. Down this pathway, I found things that are too amazing to be described by words.