Open positions

Postdoctoral researcher

Post-doctoral position(s) is potentially available for highly motivated individual interested in biomass upgrading via heterogeneous catalysis and electrocatalysis. Ideal candidate should have a strong background in kinetics studies (batch and flow reactors), materials synthesis and characterization (supported metal oxides and porous materials) and in-situ spectroscopies (e.g., FTIR and Raman).

Interested applicants should send cover letter, CV, 1-3 representative publications and contact information of 3 reference persons directly to Bingjun at bxu@udel.edu.

Graduate researcher

We are always looking for highly motivated graduate students.

– If you are already admitted to UD, please contact bxu@udel.edu to set up an appointment.

– If you are in the process of applying to UD, we will be happy to chat with you regarding our research interests, however, all admission decisions are made by the CBE admission committee.

Undergraduate researcher

Enthusiastic UD undergrads excited about gaining solid research experience are encouraged to inquire about our ongoing research projects. You will be working with graduate students, postdoctoral researchers and me to gain hands on experience in cutting edge research. This is a great way to prepare yourself for a future career in either academia or industry. We do require at least a one year commitment to research in our group.

Multiple REU positions are available for summer 2018, and contact Dr. Xu (bxu@udel.edu) if interested.

One thought on “Open positions

1. Interested to join your group

Dear Professor Bingjun Xu,
    This email is to express my interest in joining your research group. I have read with great interest some of your papers and I intend to study the behavior of nanostructured electrocatalysts in energy conversion and storage.
    Currently, I am a postdoc fellow at Chulalongkorn University in Thailand, working on electrocatalysts for zinc-air flow batteries. I was a postdoc fellow working on electrocatalysts for PEMFC in Iran, and previously, a visiting researcher in Prof. Liming Dai group at Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) working on “metal-free carbon-based electrocatalysts for ORR, OER and HER and their applications in energy”. I completed 2 years of postdoc before joining CWRU, focusing on vanadium redox flow battery (VRFB) and the preparation of metallic nanoparticles and their electrocatalytic applications towards the electrooxidation of most common fuels used in Fuel Cells. I have also worked on supercapacitors, electrospinning, and electroreduction of CO2. To date, 23 ISI papers and 1 book chapter have been published.
    The attached file is my CV. I look forward to hearing from you.
    Thank you

Regards,
    Mohammad Etesami