The intent of the workshop was to:
- Create synergy among Xperts, by introducing them to each other and discussing best practices, and
- Improving the toolbox for CDI application development, by bringing Xperts and CDI domain researchers together with tool designers.
Participants interacted with those involved in the above tasks from major national projects, such as XSEDE, CyVerse, Software Institutes (SGCI, MolSSI), CaRCC, as well as with individuals from the university campus and other research organizations.
Participants were asked to submit a one-page position paper which is enlisted in the Position Papers section. The papers described
- best practices and issues in developing, improving, and using CDI applications,
- best practices and issues in assisting CDI researchers
- tools that improve the productivity of CDI researchers and those who assist them