Faculty Workplace and Leave Policies
Please note that the most current information is contained in the AAUP Collective Bargaining Agreement; the Faculty Handbook occasionally contains language that has since been updated. View the UD ADVANCE brochure on faculty family-friendly policies here.
- AAUP Collective Bargaining Agreement on stopping the clock, family leave, and adoption/childbirth (Note: this link takes you to a .pdf document; the relevant information is in sections 9.5, on page 17 and 9.16, on page 22)
- Parental Leave Policy: Faculty Handbook
- Family Leave Policy: Faculty Handbook
- Tenure “Stop the Clock” Policy: Faculty Handbook
Staff Workplace and Leave Policies
- Parental Leave Policy: Personnel Policies
- Salary Continuation under Disability (Total) Benefits (from Executive Vice President Personnel Policies)
- Disability Insurance (from Human Resources web site)
- Flexible Work Schedule (published 15 May 2012) Link to UDaily story on the flex policy
Family and Caretaker Resources
- Policy on Accommodations for Nursing Mothers in the Workplace
- Nursing Mother’s Room: Providing a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere for nursing mothers in three campus locations:
- North Campus: 214A McDowell Hall, before the entrance to the women’s restroom.
- Central Campus: 346 Hullihen Hall, across from the Office of Equity and Inclusion.
- East Campus: Perkins Student Center, Room 128.
- UDaily story on Nursing Rooms on campus, including photo. For more information contact: Office of Equity and Inclusion x8063
- Child and Elder Care Resources (via HR website)
- Parental Leave and Family Resources (via HR website)
Harassment and Discrimination Resources
- Gender-Based Violence: Resources for the University of Delaware campus community
- OEI Flipbook on Harassment and Discrimination
- Title IX Incident Report Form and Checklist: To report incidents of sexual misconduct to UD’s Title IX coordinator.
- Delaware Discrimination in Employment Act: This 2014 state law prohibits discrimination against an applicant or employee based on pregnancy, childbirth, lactation or related conditions. For more information, please contact Patty Fogg, Director, Labor and Employee Relations.
Assistance, Counseling, and Referrals
- UD Faculty & Staff Assistance Program (FSAP): A free, confidential, bilingual (English & Spanish) service available to all benefited faculty and staff.
- Employee Assistance Program: A program provided to all employees and their dependents who are enrolled in a non-Medicare State of Delaware health insurance program. Participants can receive up to five short-term counseling sessions free of charge, as well as referrals to outside providers.
Other Useful Resources:
- AAUP Guidebooks (including “FMLA: Questions and Answers” and “Pregnancy in the Academy: Questions and Answers”)
- UD ADVANCE Institute: Resources for Recruitment, Retention, and Advancement of Women and Under-Represented Faculty
- Delaware ACE Women’s Network
- NSF Career-Life Balance Initiative
- Women and Gender Studies at the University of Delaware