Susan Kennedy, formerly the Mid-Atlantic regional information security officer at Trinity Health, was named associate vice president (AVP) for IT Strategic Operations at the University of Delaware in August of 2018.

“I am so very excited to have joined the University of Delaware’s Information Technology team. This new role affords me the opportunity to work with the broad University community to advocate for positive change as we advance Strategic IT Operations. In just a few short months, I have already developed some terrific partnerships and am looking forward for those yet to come.”

As a member of the senior leadership team of Information Technologies, and in collaboration with other IT division leaders, Kennedy provides leadership for IT Strategic Operations, oversees a staff of IT process professionals, works in partnership with academic and administrative leaders across UD campuses and coordinates the development, communication and execution of Information Technology strategic plans in alignment with the University’s mission. She also is overseeing the establishment and operations of an enterprise IT governance strategy for the University.

“Much of my leadership style was developed by playing on sports teams, coached mainly by women. Sports gave me the financial opportunity to go to college and as a way to pay it forward, I started coaching young girls to help them find their paths and to be a mentor. This experience helped confirm my belief that success is measured by the difference you make in others’ lives. I have had the good fortune of having many women – coaches, leaders, family and friends – who supported me in achieving my career aspirations and as I did with my daughter and her teammates, I want to help women at the University achieve their goals, too.”

Kennedy holds a bachelor of business administration degree in finance and business law from Temple University with magna cum laude honors and a master of business administration degree in accounting from Widener University. She is a member of the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) Education and Conference Board and served on the ISACA North America Computer Audit, Control and Security (CACS), ISACA Information Technology Governance Risk and Control (GRC) planning and the National Strategy to Secure Cyberspace committees.

“I recently learned of a quote that I realized perfectly summarizes how I have lived my life – ‘Run until tackled’. Because I am inherently a team player, I ask that you please run with me for UD!”

This article has been adapted from the original UDaily article that was published, with new quotes from Susan Kennedy.