GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
With purchase of the All-Access Membership, employees, retirees, and their spouses may participate in unlimited fitness classes per fiscal year. Schedules will vary by semester, with modified schedules during holiday breaks and finals-week. Please check periodically for “pop-up” classes, class cancelations, and changes to schedule.
Please register for fitness classes within 24 hours of start of class using the Recreation portal (https://recreation.udel.edu) under “Employee Health & Wellbeing”.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Barre: This class uses a combination of postures inspired by ballet, Pilates, and yoga. The barre is used as a prop to balance while doing isometric strength training exercises. This low impact class will help improve posture, muscle definition, and increase flexibility. Ballet/dance experience is not required.
- BODYCOMBAT: This class is a high-energy martial arts-inspired workout that is non-contact. Punch and kick your way to fitness and burn up to 740 calories* in a class. No experience needed. Learn moves from Karate, Taekwondo, Boxing, Muay Thai, Capoeira and Kung Fu. Modifications provided. Release stress, have a blast and feel like a champion. Bring your best fighter attitude and leave inhibitions at the door.
- BODYPUMP: This barbell class brought to you by the LES MILLS™ team will strengthen your entire body and challenge all of your major muscle groups in a full body workout by using weight room exercises like squats, presses, lifts, and curls. Great music, motivating instructors, and your choice of weight will inspire you to come back for more!
- Cardio Strength: This class will vary each week. Some classes will focus on strength and body sculpting while others will focus on improving your cardio. YOU control the intensity of your workout and improve all aspects of your personal fitness.
- Exercise & Conditioning: This class will take place in the Delaware Field House Weight Room, where you will have access to a variety of equipment. A personal trainer will create the workouts for you, enabling to learn proper form and technique in a safe environment while also be challenged by metabolic conditioning drills.
- Cycle: Cycling is a great option for anyone looking to improve cardio in a low-impact setting. You will race, climb, and cruise on your bike- all from the comfort of the Little Bob. This class is sure to get your heart pumping and all your muscles working.
- GRIT ATHLETIC: LES MILLS GRIT™ Athletic is a 30-minute high-intensity interval training (HIIT) plyometric-based workout, designed to make you perform like an athlete. This workout uses a bench and combines explosive jumping exercises with agility training to increase explosiveness and to build a lean and athletic body.
- GRIT CARDIO: LES MILLS GRIT™ Cardio is a 30-minute high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workout that improves cardiovascular fitness, increase speed and maximize calorie burn. This workout uses a variety of body weight exercises and provides the challenge and intensity you need to get results fast.
- GRIT STRENGTH: LES MILLS GRIT™ Strength is a 30-minute high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workout, designed to improve strength and build lean muscle. This workout uses barbell, weight plate and body weight exercises to blast all major muscle groups. LES MILLS GRIT Strength takes cutting edge HIIT and combines it with powerful music and inspirational coaches who will be down on the floor with you, motivating you to go harder to get fit, fast.
- Pilates: This class emphasizes the strengthening of the Powerhouse region: abdominals, back, hips, inner/outer thighs, and buttocks. This class will focus on overall toning, stretching, and lengthening. Work on posture, flexibility, balance, and coordination with newfound energy.
- SPRINT: A 30-minute high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workout designed to combine bursts of intensity when you work as hard as possible, with periods of rest that prepare you for your next effort. A low impact workout on an indoor bike to have you burning calories for hours after your workout!
- Step & Tone: Step aerobics class that will not only help tone your glutes and legs, but will help you build stamina and increase endurance. Following your “Step” cardio session, varied upper and lower body toning exercises are incorporated using the body bar or free weights.
- Train Like an Athlete: This Small Group Training class will take either on the Field House turf or on the CSB Track Floor, where you will have access to a variety of equipment. A personal trainer will create the workouts for you with a big focus on functional training. Learn proper form and technique in a safe environment while enhancing your strength, endurance, stability, flexibility, agility, and power.
- Yoga: Focus on the breath in combination with various poses will help strengthen your body and your mind. Whether you are a seasoned yogi or new to the mat, this class is perfect for all looking to improve strength and decrease stress.
- Zumba: Take the “work” out of workout, by mixing low-intensity and high-intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party. Once the Latin and World rhythms take over, you will see why Zumba® is often called exercise in disguise. A total workout, combining all elements of fitness – cardio, muscle conditioning, balance and flexibility, boosted energy and a serious dose of awesome each time you leave class.
- Zumba Gold: Have you ever wanted to try Zumba, but been too intimidated to sign up? Then Zumba Gold is for you! This beginner Zumba class is geared to teach you all of the Zumba steps set to the same exciting, upbeat music for a great calorie-burning workout! Zumba Gold features more verbal cues and instruction.
- CSB: Carpenter Sports Building or Lil Bob, 26 N. College Ave, need UD ID to enter
- Rust Ice Arena Ballet Room: Located on South Campus. The ballet room is located in the ice rink, up the last set of bleachers, near back wall.
- Field House Erg Room: Located on the third floor of the Delaware Field House on South Campus. Walk through Main Doors and walk up the stairs.
- Field House Indoor Turf: Located inside the Field House on South Campus. Walk through Main Doors and walk straight to turf.
- Field House Weight Room: Located on the first floor of Field House on S. College Ave., down right hallway to the very end.
- ELC: Early Learning Center on Wyoming Road. Gym is around the back side of the building near the playground (door will be propped open for you by the instructor)
- Morris Library: Located on Main Campus in Class of 1941 Room. Walk in main entrance and make an immediate left.
- South Campus STAR Tower: on UD Health Campus off of South College Avenue. 100 Discovery Blvd. Go to fourth floor. Room is along window side at 419 and 420.
How do I register for class?
- Once an All-Access Membership has been purchased, participants must reserve their spot in class ONLINE prior to arriving. *Registration opens 24 hours before the class starts. This will help eliminate participants being turned away due to not having enough open spots in the class.
- Log into the UD Recreation Portal (https://recreation.udel.edu) with your CAS information.
- Click on “Employee Health & Wellbeing”.
- Click on “Wellbeing Group Fitness”.
- Click on specific class you would like to participate in.
- Click on “Register” for specific class time.
- “Confirm Registration”. You should receive an email receipt when completed.
How do I cancel a class?
- Log into the Recreation Portal (https://recreation.udel.edu) by using your CAS information.
- Click on your user name at the top right of the page
- Click “Profile” from the dropdown
- Click “Programs” from the list on the left of the page
- Click “Cancel” for the class reservation you no longer want to attend
What happens if I do not cancel my registration to class if I cannot make it anymore?
If you find that you are no longer able to take a class, you may cancel your reserved spot 24 hours before the start of class and up to one minute before the class start time. Please cancel your reservation if you cannot attend so your spot can be opened for another participant. If you reserve a spot, do not cancel, and do not attend any class you signed up for three times, your ability to register for classes will be suspended for one week. If you fail to cancel your spot in class a fourth time, your ability to register will be suspended until you meet with the Fitness Coordinator.
How do I purchase an All-Access Membership?
If wellness dollars are available, please fill out this Google form and you will receive confirmation when the membership is added to your account.
If no wellness dollars are available, please visit the Carpenter Sports Building Cashier to purchase the membership for $75 via cash, credit, or check.
How can I give feedback about classes, instructors or schedule?
Fill out our Fitness Feedback Form – here
New to the UD Fitness Class Schedule is Les Mills SPRINT! HIIT program on a bike- this class raises your heart rate and burns maximal calories to deliver fast maximal benefits with no joint impact. Only 30 minutes! Try this class during winter session on Monday mornings, Tuesday afternoons, and Thursday evenings in the Lil Bob Cycle Studio by registering on the Recreation Portal.