JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM OF EMPLOYEE HEALTH & WELLBEING AMBASSADORS!
Wellbeing Ambassadors are University of Delaware employees who help spread wellbeing across campus through the participation in and promotion of Employee Health & Wellbeing programs, services and initiatives. Any employee from any department is eligible to participate.
How much time is involved in being an Ambassador ?
- The estimated monthly time commitment is about 1 hour
- Wellbeing Ambassadors are asked to commit to this role for a minimum of 1 year
- Attend 2-3 annual planning meetings
What are the perks of becoming a Wellbeing Ambassador?
- Be the first to know about new wellbeing programs and events
- Opportunities to demo new fitness classes
- Exclusive access to an online Wellbeing Toolkit resource
- Assist you in understanding your role as a Wellbeing Ambassador
- Provides you with comprehensive wellness information and handouts to create a healthy workplace
- Exciting Volunteer opportunities!
- Annual Homecoming 5K
- Wellbeing on the Green
- Nutrition Newark Cookoff
- Motivation to stay committed to your own health and wellbeing goals
How do I become a Wellbeing Ambassador?
- Step 1: Check to ensure your department does not already have an Ambassador
- Step 2: Obtain approval from your supervisor or manager (if needed)
- Step 3: Complete the Ambassador interest form via this link
- Once the form has been submitted, one of our Wellbeing staff will contact you via email with additional information
Who are the current Wellbeing Ambassadors?
Click here to view the current list
WELLBEING AMBASSADOR SPOTLIGHT
What department do you work in?
How long have you been a Wellbeing Ambassador?
What made you decide to become a Wellbeing Ambassador?
I was interested in becoming a Wellbeing Ambassador when I heard about the program and found out that no one in my department (or building) was an Ambassador. I was interested in filling that gap since I feel strongly about health and wellbeing.
What does the term ‘wellbeing’ mean to you?
Wellbeing means being able to live a balanced, active life. I really enjoy working here at UD since I feel that I am able to find the balance between work, family, and friends that works for me.
In what ways has being a Wellbeing Ambassador shaped your interactions on campus?
I try and talk about the health and wellbeing opportunities that exist on campus with people who I engage with here at the university. I am always surprised that some people are not aware of using their wellness dollars or the variety of wellness programs available here at UD.
In what ways has being a Wellbeing Ambassador influenced your own wellbeing?
Since I have become a wellbeing ambassador I am more aware of what wellbeing opportunities exist on campus and try and make an effort to participate when I can in wellbeing activities.
What does wellbeing look like in your department?
I work in the Police Department, where health and fitness are always a priority since our police officers have physically demanding jobs. I am grateful to work in a department that puts an emphasis on health and wellbeing.
Do you have a wellbeing tip you live by?
I am a big fan of ‘everything in moderation’. I think if you try and balance healthy eating and exercise with occasional indulgences it makes for a happier balance. Life is too short to not eat ice cream once in a while!!
EMPLOYEE HEALTH & WELLBEING