JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM OF EMPLOYEE HEALTH & WELLBEING AMBASSADORS!
Wellbeing Ambassadors are University of Delaware employees who help spread wellbeing across campus through the participation in and promotion of Employee Health & Wellbeing programs, services and initiatives. Any employee from any department is eligible to participate.
How much time is involved in being an Ambassador ?
- The estimated monthly time commitment is about 1 hour
- Wellbeing Ambassadors are asked to commit to this role for a minimum of 1 year
- Attend 2-3 annual planning meetings
What are the perks of becoming a Wellbeing Ambassador?
- Be the first to know about new wellbeing programs and events
- Opportunities to demo new fitness classes
- Exclusive access to an online Wellbeing Toolkit resource
- Assist you in understanding your role as a Wellbeing Ambassador
- Provides you with comprehensive wellness information and handouts to create a healthy workplace
- Exciting Volunteer opportunities!
- Annual Homecoming 5K
- Wellbeing on the Green
- Nutrition Newark Cookoff
- Motivation to stay committed to your own health and wellbeing goals
How do I become a Wellbeing Ambassador?
- Step 1: Check to ensure your department does not already have an Ambassador
- Step 2: Obtain approval from your supervisor or manager (if needed)
- Step 3: Complete the Ambassador interest form via this link
- Once the form has been submitted, one of our Wellbeing staff will contact you via email with additional information
Who are the current Wellbeing Ambassadors?
Click here to view the current list
WELLBEING AMBASSADOR SPOTLIGHT
What department do you work in?
How long have you been a Wellbeing Ambassador?
What made you decide to become a Wellbeing Ambassador?
My interest in health and overall wellbeing, and my desire to encourage and support others in their wellbeing journey.
What does the term ‘wellbeing’ mean to you?
Being healthy in body & mind and living a balanced life.
In what ways has being a Wellbeing Ambassador shaped your interactions on campus?
Being a Wellbeing Ambassador has significantly expanded my interactions with like-minded people, and has encouraged me to initiate conversations with others that encourage and support their wellbeing interests. I actively advocate EHW’s programs at every opportunity, and my own participation enables me to share my first-hand experiences with the programs with others.
In what ways has being a Wellbeing Ambassador influenced your OWN wellbeing?
Being a Wellbeing Ambassador has elevated my consistent participation in the wide variety of activities and events that support and enhance my personal wellbeing.
What does wellbeing look like in your department?
Wellbeing in the Career Center is supported through the diversity of initiatives that staff members engage in throughout the year – both personally and as part of our departmental team. Our 25 staff members engage in a wide variety of activities inside and outside of the workday. There is a wide-spread conscious awareness of the importance of wellbeing and the positive impact it has on us as individuals and team members.
As a member of our Staff Engagement, Recognition, and Development Committee, I have organized many activities that support wellbeing, such as “An Afternoon of Wellness,” and am in the process of scheduling EHW for a Wellbeing Program Lunch-N-Learn. We added a “Wellbeing” channel to our Slack IM platform so that I and other staff members can share all types of wellbeing information. We also include seasonal team-building activities (such as pumpkin carving and holiday cookie exchanges) in our departmental schedule to promote the ongoing wellbeing of our team dynamic as a whole. There is definitely an active commitment to wellbeing in the Career Center.
Do you have a wellbeing tip you ‘live by’?
Open your mind to engaging with learning opportunities of all types. We are a “work in progress” — learning and trying new things helps us grow!