JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM OF EMPLOYEE HEALTH & WELLBEING AMBASSADORS!
Wellbeing Ambassadors are University of Delaware employees who help spread wellbeing across campus through the participation in and promotion of Employee Health & Wellbeing programs, services and initiatives. Any employee from any department is eligible to participate.
How much time is involved in being an Ambassador ?
- The estimated monthly time commitment is about 1 hour
- Wellbeing Ambassadors are asked to commit to this role for a minimum of 1 year
- Attend 2-3 annual planning meetings
What are the perks of becoming a Wellbeing Ambassador?
- Be the first to know about new wellbeing programs and events
- Opportunities to demo new fitness classes
- Exclusive access to an online Wellbeing Toolkit resource
- Assist you in understanding your role as a Wellbeing Ambassador
- Provides you with comprehensive wellness information and handouts to create a healthy workplace
- Exciting Volunteer opportunities!
- Annual Homecoming 5K
- Wellbeing on the Green
- Nutrition Newark Cookoff
- Motivation to stay committed to your own health and wellbeing goals
How do I become a Wellbeing Ambassador?
- Step 1: Check to ensure your department does not already have an Ambassador
- Step 2: Obtain approval from your supervisor or manager (if needed)
- Step 3: Complete the Ambassador interest form via this link
- Once the form has been submitted, one of our Wellbeing staff will contact you via email with additional information
Who are the current Wellbeing Ambassadors?
Click here to view the current list
WELLBEING AMBASSADOR SPOTLIGHT
What department do you work in?
How long have you been a Wellbeing Ambassador?
What made you decide to become a Wellbeing Ambassador?
I have been promoting employee wellness to co-workers since 2004. I began by encouraging my office mates to schedule their annual physical exams and encouraging them all to take care of their health. I
have always been interested in disease prevention and health promotion. I studied Pathology in college. Being part of the Wellbeing Ambassador program was a natural extension for something I believe
What does the term ‘wellbeing’ mean to you?
Being, happy, comfortable in my skin and being healthy.
In what ways has being a Wellbeing Ambassador shaped your interactions on campus?
Being an ambassador encourages me to have conversations about wellbeing and gives me the resources to have meaningful conversations.
In what ways has being a Wellbeing Ambassador influenced your own wellbeing?
I believe you have to walk the walk, to talk the talk. It helps keep me focused on taking care of myself, physically and mentally.
What does wellbeing look like in your department?
The Controller’s Office consists of about 15 people. Over half of our organization practices wellbeing. Those practices vary widely and the group as a whole likes to share the journey with one another and encourage each other. It is a great office to be part of.
Do you have a wellbeing tip you live by?
Take time out for mindfulness and do what makes you smile.
EMPLOYEE HEALTH & WELLBEING