JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM OF EMPLOYEE HEALTH & WELLBEING AMBASSADORS!
Wellbeing Ambassadors are University of Delaware employees who help spread wellbeing across campus through the participation in and promotion of Employee Health & Wellbeing programs, services and initiatives. Any employee from any department is eligible to participate.
How much time is involved in being an Ambassador ?
- The estimated monthly time commitment is about 1 hour
- Wellbeing Ambassadors are asked to commit to this role for a minimum of 1 year
- Attend 2-3 annual planning meetings
What are the perks of becoming a Wellbeing Ambassador?
- Be the first to know about new wellbeing programs and events
- Opportunities to demo new fitness classes
- Exclusive access to an online Wellbeing Toolkit resource
- Assist you in understanding your role as a Wellbeing Ambassador
- Provides you with comprehensive wellness information and handouts to create a healthy workplace
- Exciting Volunteer opportunities!
- Annual Homecoming 5K
- Wellbeing on the Green
- Nutrition Newark Cookoff
- Motivation to stay committed to your own health and wellbeing goals
How do I become a Wellbeing Ambassador?
- Step 1: Check to ensure your department does not already have an Ambassador
- Step 2: Obtain approval from your supervisor or manager (if needed)
- Step 3: Complete the Ambassador interest form via this link
- Once the form has been submitted, one of our Wellbeing staff will contact you via email with additional information
Who are the current Wellbeing Ambassadors?
Click here to view the current list
WELLBEING AMBASSADOR SPOTLIGHT
What department do you work in?
College of Health Sciences Communications & Marketing
How long have you been a Wellbeing Ambassador?
What made you decide to become a Wellbeing Ambassador?
Exercise and health are two big parts of my life but it’s always better when you have people to share it with!
What does the term ‘wellbeing’ mean to you?
Wellbeing is about the entirety of health and everything that makes you feel good and happy! If that is exercise or eating healthy or going out with your friends, it doesn’t matter! Whatever makes you happy.
In what ways has being a Wellbeing Ambassador shaped your interactions on campus?
I get an inside look on things happening all around campus which is really exciting and I get to meet people from all different colleges/departments which is really cool since we work with the same people every day.
In what ways has being a Wellbeing Ambassador influenced your OWN wellbeing?
Being a Wellbeing Ambassador makes me feel almost accountable! I feel like I have to set a good example for the people I’m “preaching” to.
What does wellbeing look like in your department?
In my department, we have a solid group of roughly 7 people. We text each other every night saying “what exercise class are we taking tomorrow!?” and that makes a world of difference to have people behind you and people to hold you accountable every day.
Do you have a wellbeing tip you ‘live by’?
Always exercise with friends! Having someone to hold you accountable makes it so that can’t make excuses for yourself. And it is much more fun!