JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM OF EMPLOYEE HEALTH & WELLBEING AMBASSADORS!
Wellbeing Ambassadors are University of Delaware employees who help spread wellbeing across campus through the participation in and promotion of Employee Health & Wellbeing programs, services and initiatives. Any employee from any department is eligible to participate.
How much time is involved in being an Ambassador ?
- The estimated monthly time commitment is about 1 hour
- Wellbeing Ambassadors are asked to commit to this role for a minimum of 1 year
- Attend 2-3 annual planning meetings
What are the perks of becoming a Wellbeing Ambassador?
- Be the first to know about new wellbeing programs and events
- Opportunities to demo new fitness classes
- Exclusive access to an online Wellbeing Toolkit resource
- Assist you in understanding your role as a Wellbeing Ambassador
- Provides you with comprehensive wellness information and handouts to create a healthy workplace
- Exciting Volunteer opportunities!
- Annual Homecoming 5K
- Wellbeing on the Green
- Nutrition Newark Cookoff
- Motivation to stay committed to your own health and wellbeing goals
How do I become a Wellbeing Ambassador?
- Step 1: Check to ensure your department does not already have an Ambassador
- Step 2: Obtain approval from your supervisor or manager (if needed)
- Step 3: Complete the Ambassador interest form via this link
- Once the form has been submitted, one of our Wellbeing staff will contact you via email with additional information
Who are the current Wellbeing Ambassadors?
Click here to view the current list
WELLBEING AMBASSADOR SPOTLIGHT
What department do you work in? Art Conservation
How long have you been a Wellbeing Ambassador? 1.5 Years
What made you decide to become a Wellbeing Ambassador? A faculty member and friend, Jocelyn Alcantara-Garcia invited me to a Wellbeing Ambassador luncheon because she knew I enjoy running and getting out in the fresh air and thought I would enjoy the camaraderie.
What does the term ‘wellbeing’ mean to you? Wellbeing to me means peace of mind, as well as staying healthy and happy.
In what ways has being a Wellbeing Ambassador shaped your interactions on campus?Becoming a Wellbeing Ambassador has helped me to get involved a little more with activities around campus. ie. Homecoming 5K run, utilizing the locker room and meeting new people who help motivate you to do more.
In what ways has being a Wellbeing Ambassador influenced your OWN wellbeing? Being a Wellbeing Ambassador has influenced me to get back on track with running/jogging shape. For me when I am outside running I get a sense of clarity and relaxation and all the stress goes away.
What does wellbeing look like in your department? The Little Bob is just outside the doors of our department so we are fortunate to be able to participate in the lunchtime classes, as well as utilizing the exercise equipment.
Do you have a wellbeing tip you ‘live by’? A tip I try and live by on the days I do not feel like exercising is whether I run/walk/jog 1 mile or 3+ at least you got up and did some form of activity. So instead of taking the elevator in your building start using the stairs.