JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM OF EMPLOYEE HEALTH & WELLBEING AMBASSADORS!
Wellbeing Ambassadors are University of Delaware employees who help spread wellbeing across campus through the participation in and promotion of Employee Health & Wellbeing programs, services and initiatives. Any employee from any department is eligible to participate.
How much time is involved in being an Ambassador ?
- The estimated monthly time commitment is about 1 hour
- Wellbeing Ambassadors are asked to commit to this role for a minimum of 1 year
- Attend 2-3 annual planning meetings
What are the perks of becoming a Wellbeing Ambassador?
- Be the first to know about new wellbeing programs and events
- Opportunities to demo new fitness classes
- Exclusive access to an online Wellbeing Toolkit resource
- Assist you in understanding your role as a Wellbeing Ambassador
- Provides you with comprehensive wellness information and handouts to create a healthy workplace
- Exciting Volunteer opportunities!
- Annual Homecoming 5K
- Wellbeing on the Green
- Nutrition Newark Cookoff
- Motivation to stay committed to your own health and wellbeing goals
How do I become a Wellbeing Ambassador?
- Step 1: Check to ensure your department does not already have an Ambassador
- Step 2: Obtain approval from your supervisor or manager (if needed)
- Step 3: Complete the Ambassador interest form via this link
- Once the form has been submitted, one of our Wellbeing staff will contact you via email with additional information
Who are the current Wellbeing Ambassadors?
Click here to view the current list
WELLBEING AMBASSADOR SPOTLIGHT
What department do you work in?
How long have you been a Wellbeing Ambassador?
What made you decide to become a Wellbeing Ambassador?
I became a Wellbeing Ambassador to connect with other like-minded individuals across campus. I also see value in setting an example for others and being a positive influence.
What does the term ‘wellbeing’ mean to you?
Wellbeing is the experience of health and happiness through specific efforts to be the best version of yourself. It does require one to put in the time and effort for one to take care of their overall physical and mental/emotional health. Most importantly, it is realizing one’s own self worth and having a sense of purpose as you strive to lead a happy and socially connected life.
In what ways has being a Wellbeing Ambassador shaped your interactions on campus?
I truly enjoy meeting new people and hearing their “story.” Being a Wellbeing Ambassador has given me the opportunity to meet and interact with individuals from different departments all across campus and encourage others on their own journey to wellness.
In what ways has being a Wellbeing Ambassador influenced your OWN wellbeing?
Being a Wellbeing Ambassador has given me the opportunity to step out of my comfort zone and try new things – whether its a new type of fitness class or taking on one of the employee challenges.
What does wellbeing look like in your department?
I am fortunate to work in a very flexible department which allows for a great work-life balance and a positive work environment. Our department is also a small team so it’s easier to get to know each other on a more intimate level and encourage each other to take an active role in our own personal wellbeing goals.
Do you have a wellbeing tip you ‘live by’?
Respect your mind and body and be kind to yourself. Appreciate what your body can do and don’t beat yourself up. Self-respect can often translate into positive actions that lead to a healthy lifestyle.
“I had a life changing experience at the young age of 30 when I went through a breast cancer diagnosis and months of treatments. Every day since then has been a gift and I have realized that in order to enjoy overall wellbeing that I need to treat my mind and body with the respect it deserves.”