JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM OF EMPLOYEE HEALTH & WELLBEING AMBASSADORS!
Wellbeing Ambassadors are University of Delaware employees who help spread wellbeing across campus through the participation in and promotion of Employee Health & Wellbeing programs, services and initiatives. Any employee from any department is eligible to participate.
How much time is involved in being an Ambassador ?
- The estimated monthly time commitment is about 1 hour
- Wellbeing Ambassadors are asked to commit to this role for a minimum of 1 year
- Attend 2-3 annual planning meetings
What are the perks of becoming a Wellbeing Ambassador?
- Be the first to know about new wellbeing programs and events
- Opportunities to demo new fitness classes
- Exclusive access to an online Wellbeing Toolkit resource
- Assist you in understanding your role as a Wellbeing Ambassador
- Provides you with comprehensive wellness information and handouts to create a healthy workplace
- Exciting Volunteer opportunities!
- Annual Homecoming 5K
- Wellbeing on the Green
- Nutrition Newark Cookoff
- Motivation to stay committed to your own health and wellbeing goals
How do I become a Wellbeing Ambassador?
- Step 1: Check to ensure your department does not already have an Ambassador
- Step 2: Obtain approval from your supervisor or manager (if needed)
- Step 3: Complete the Ambassador interest form via this link
- Once the form has been submitted, one of our Wellbeing staff will contact you via email with additional information
Who are the current Wellbeing Ambassadors?
Click here to view the current list
WELLBEING AMBASSADOR SPOTLIGHT
What department do you work in? Campus & Public Safety
How long have you been a Wellbeing Ambassador? 1 Year
What made you decide to become a Wellbeing Ambassador? I wanted to be more aware of the programs that UD offered to employees.
What does the term ‘wellbeing’ mean to you? Wellbeing for me doesn’t mean just one aspect of my life. It encompasses my daily food choices, activities, relationships, managing stress, as well as my overall health.
In what ways has being a Wellbeing Ambassador shaped your interactions on campus? Being a Wellbeing Ambassador allows me to interact with other Wellbeing Ambassadors around campus that I would not have normally have met. During the Wellbeing Ambassador events, it’s a great opportunity to learn new information about programs, but you also develop relationships with your fellow Ambassadors that can enhance your overall goals.
In what ways has being a Wellbeing Ambassador influenced your OWN wellbeing? Wellbeing is not one size fits all. As a Wellbeing Ambassador, it’s important to remember that what works for one person, may not work for another. I like to keep an open mind and find what works for me without getting discouraged.
What does wellbeing look like in your department? Our department has varying levels of wellbeing. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. Overall, we encourage and support each other in goals and life events. We strive for a positive work environment.
Do you have a wellbeing tip you ‘live by’? Set goals that are achievable. If you set the bar too high, and you don’t meet those expectations, you’re likely to just give up. Make small changes and build on those to achieve your goals. Don’t be too hard on yourself if you fall off the wagon.