As we enter the new year, the Artstor Digital Library now has more than two million images. To see all the collections that were added or expanded in 2015, and for a preview of what’s coming up in 2016, check out Artstor’s year-end summary.
Two new collections of note were added over the holidays:
- The Mauritshuis in The Hague, which houses the Dutch royal picture gallery, including many of the masterpieces of 17th-century Dutch painting (for example, Rembrandt’s Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Tulp, Vermeer’s Girl with a Pearl Earring, and Carel Fabritius’s Goldfinch)
- The Worcester Art Museum, home to one of the best collections in New England
And just today, several more Artstor collections have been enlarged:
- Andean ceramics in the Fowler Museum at UCLA
- Photography from Panos Pictures
- Mexican art photographed by Bob Schalkwijk