Types of Insurance

Certificates of Insurance

Vendors and contractors doing business with the University or organizations using University premises or facilities should carry their own insurance to protect their own interests from allegations of bodily injury or property damage liability caused by their own negligence.

Certificates of insurance, which provide evidence that such coverage is in place, should be requested from all entities before engaging their services or permitting them to use University premises or facilities. The University of Delaware should be listed as an additional insured on the certificate.

Entities with which University departments do business may sometimes request such proof of University insurance coverage. Contact the Office of Risk Management at (302) 831-2971 to request a certificate of insurance or complete the Request for Certificate of Insurance Form and email it to Risk Management.

Liability Insurance

The University, its Board of Trustees, officers, employees, and others can from time to time be charged with legal liability for negligent actions, wrongful acts or tortious conduct as the result of a real or alleged failure to fulfill a University obligation or duty.  Various risk management practices may be applied to minimize the chance of such legal liability and to finance the costs of such claims.

Property Insurance

Travel Insurance

Automobile Insurance