UD students who complete at least 30 credits during their first year in college are more likely to graduate in four years. Talk with an advisor about developing an academic plan that includes both the correct number and the appropriate type of credits needed for making progress toward degree completion. You may want to consider taking a course during winter session to stay on track.
Margaret “Mimi” Nowlin
1) spelling/grammar/punctuation typos;
2) overly generic cover letter (or none at all); and
3) irrelevant [for that position] information listed on resume.
The applicants that were actually considered all wrote a well-edited, personalized cover letter that included the following information:
- how they found out about the job;
- what enticed them enough to apply for it; and
- what skills they have to offer that demonstrates they could excel in this particular role.
- devote time and energy to reflecting on and clarifying your values, abilities, interests, and goals;
- maintain contact with your advisor at relevant times during the semester (e.g. registration, midterm);
- adequately prepare for advising sessions by reviewing the university catalog and course offerings; and
- write down your questions to make sure you don’t forget to cover something important at your meeting.
UD’s Spring Commencement will be held on Saturday, May 27 at 9:00 a.m. in the Delaware Stadium, rain or shine. Tickets are not required. The speaker for this year’s commencement is Jack Markell, who completed his second term as the 73rd governor of Delaware earlier this year.