Winter break is a great time to do some self-assessment and research to help you explore and ultimately decide on a major. This winter break especially since it is extra long (almost two whole months!). Here are some resources to help you get started:
- The Choosing Your Major page on the UST website has some tips and links.
- PathwayU has quick assessment tools that should take less than 20 minutes to complete and will give you some career options to explore.
- In addition to PathwayU, the Career Center has all kinds of information and resources to help you choose a major/career path. (We highly recommend conducting informational interviews!)
- Check out our latest episode of Choices: a University Studies Podcast, where we talk about majors that are too often overlooked by UST students but are definitely worth considering.
- Even though courses are not the best way to help you with your major decision-making, one course is designed to do just that. There might still be some seats in UNIV117: Exploring Your Academic Path for the spring semester.
- UST advisors will be available for appointments after the winter holidays, so if you would like to have a meeting with your advisor to talk about major, you can make an appointment through BHS.
Also, make sure to take the time to rest, relax, and reflect. Enjoy your winter break, and we’ll see you for the spring semester!