Claire is a former UST student, who is now a Junior in the Nursing program. She enjoys painting, especially oil painting, and her artwork has been commissioned by different people and organizations. She is holding an original piece in her photo.

Describe your process for choosing your current major. Were there any resources you utilized to help you?

After being enrolled in an allied health course in high school where I participated in clinical, I knew I wanted to be a nurse. Mrs. Goldman (my UST advisor) was always very helpful when putting together my schedule, advocating for me, and giving me all the resources I needed. I wouldn’t be in the nursing program today if it wasn’t for Mrs. Goldman’s call to me last winter telling to submit a change of major after 5 spots had opened up within the program.

What is your dream job and are you on a path to achieve it?

My dream job is to become a labor and delivery or pediatric nurse. Being within the nursing program at UD allows this dream job to become a reality in a few years.

What advice do you have for new or prospective UST students?

If you are passionate about a specific career path of major, don’t let others tell you it’s not possible. If I had listened to all of those who had told me I was never going to make it into the nursing major, then I wouldn’t be where I am today.