Isabella is a sophomore majoring in Geography with a concentration in Geospatial Techniques and working towards a certification in Geospatial Information Systems (GIS). Outside of class, she is a member of Epsilon Eta, a gender-inclusive professional fraternity that focuses on bringing awareness to the environment while propelling professionalism. She also enjoys taking photographs, engaging in the local community, and hanging out with friends.

Describe your process for choosing your current major/majors of interest. Were there any resources you utilized to help you?

Coming to UD, I had a vague idea of what I might want to major in, but I mostly felt lost. I had multiple advisor meetings, where we just chatted about how my ideas could translate into a major. I also used Handshake to see how different majors could translate into different jobs.

What did you find most helpful when picking out your major?

When picking out my major, my advisor recommended me taking a couple of classes that would relate to my major. After I took GEOG101, I realized that this is what I really enjoy, and I could see myself majoring in geography.

What is your dream job and are you on a path to achieve it?

As of right now, I would like to work with FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) and/or USGS (United States Geological Survey) doing either land management or environmental protection.

What advice do you have for new or prospective UST students?

Being a UST student can be overwhelming at times, due to the pressure that you need to pick a major ASAP to catch up with your peers; however, the reality is that even people who have majors probably don’t know what they want to do. Therefore, take the time in the UST program to explore different paths. You might even surprise yourself. Also, don’t be afraid to talk with advisors and peer liaisons; we are here to help!