It is that time of the year again to start talking about your Spring classes! You might have already received an email to schedule a meeting with your advisor; if you haven’t, you will soon. Here is your helpful guide for what you need to do to enroll in your Spring 2020 courses.
- Meet with your UST academic advisor! Click on that link in the email you receive(d) to easily go to BHSC and schedule a time that works best for you. You will discuss a list of appropriate courses that are relevant to the major(s) you are considering/pursuing.
- Your list of classes most likely will not be exact; it might list breadth requirements, for which you can choose specific courses to fulfill. To do this, use Courses Search. You can select specific breadth categories to search within, you can also select whether you only want to see ones that also fulfill the Multicultural requirement, and you can read descriptions of the courses which will include pre- and co-requisites, section/course restrictions, etc.
- Once you know exactly which classes you want to enroll in for the Spring (we recommend having around 15 credits), then go to WebReg and use Blue Hen Planner to have the system generate all the possible schedules available with those classes. You can select your favourites.
- Find out your Enrollment Appointment time on UDSIS under “Courses & Enrollment”. This is when you can start registering for your courses. It is based on the number of credits you have earned (and also are currently enrolled in if this is your first semester). Please note that the Enrollment Appointments have not been assigned yet; they will begin around mid-November.
- Check for any registration holds on your account! It can take time to get holds removed, so take care of these as soon as possible. You can find the details on UDSIS under “Holds & To-Do List”.
- When your Enrollment Appointment time starts, you can go back into Blue Hen Planner and select one of your faved schedules that is still available. It will add the available classes to WebReg for you to enroll in. Make sure to complete it by adding the courses. It will tell you if the courses were successfully added or not.
- You can also enroll in classes individually on WebReg. You do not have to use Blue Hen Planner. Find the courses and times first using Courses Search.
When picking out classes, make sure that:
- The class is on the Main Campus. You can change the location on Courses Search to filter out courses that are on other campuses or for study abroad. It will not include online courses; you can run another search for those.
- It is not major restricted. If a class you want is major restricted, the course might open up at Open Enrollment or you might be able to request enrollment through the Course Permit Form. Please read your emails from your advisor because they may include information about certain major restricted courses.
- You have the pre-requisites for the class. If you are currently enrolled in a pre-req, that counts. If a class has a co-req that you have not enrolled in or completed, it will prompt you to enroll in it.
All of the above (except for using Blue Hen Planner) applies to Winter course enrollment as well. If you want to take courses outside of UD during the winter, see Transfer Credit Information on the Registrar’s website. Make sure to submit your Transfer Credit Evaluation form before you enroll in the course.
For more information about all things registration, check out the Register for Classes page on the Advising Central @ UD website or email your UST advisor.