Lia is a former University Studies student who is now a junior majoring in Communication Studies. She is a member of Harrington Theatre Arts Company and a brother of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity.  She is a proud singer, dancer, and musical theatre buff. She also loves to travel and try new foods. This spring she will be participating in her first UDaB trip!

Describe your process for choosing your major. Were there any resources you utilized to help you?

I mostly used the UD website and online catalog. I dove deep into all the majors that interested me and looked at the courses they offered. I also utilized the Career Center resources, such as Handshake and the career counselors, and took a career assessment test, which helped me understand my career-related values and personality.

What advice do you have for new or prospective UST students?

I have SO much advice! But for now, I’ll just say: Don’t beat yourself up about not knowing exactly what you want to do right now. You will eventually find your way! But if you feel stuck, don’t be afraid to ask for help. There is no shame in needing a little guidance!

What do you know now that you wish you had known when you first started at UD?

I wish I had known that ANY major has endless possibilities! I was so focused on choosing the perfect major in order to get the perfect job. But that doesn’t exist. You can construct your major(s) and your career into anything you want it to be!