“Don’t judge yourself too harshly. You need to own up to your mistakes, but don’t be irrational. If you messed up, recognize that it’s part of growing up. And DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT next time.” Sophomore Economics student

“Being on academic probation is nothing to be ashamed of. It’s still possible to do what you want if you work with the people on campus who know how to help you. Get a tutor, go to the Writing Center, do whatever it takes to get back on track.”
–Sophomore Undeclared student

“Your life may feel overwhelming right now. I know mine was until I switched direction. I really struggled when I got to UD. Everyone kept telling me I should be so excited and being at college was going to be so great. But it wasn’t great. I didn’t make friends right away and the classes were a lot harder than they were in high school. I always thought I wanted to be a doctor, but then I realized it was going to be very stressful, and I had to decide what else to do. But my advisor reminded me

that I don’t need to decide exactly what I want to do for the rest of my life right now this minute.” – Freshman Undeclared student