EARN UP TO 60 CREDITS FOR FREE THROUGH THE
COLLEGE LEVEL EXAMINATION PROGRAM
What is CLEP?
CLEP (the College-Level Examination Program®) offers 34 exams that cover intro-level college course material. With a passing score on one CLEP exam, you could earn (3) three or more college credits at more than 2,900 U.S. colleges and universities.
CLEP was created to help individuals with prior knowledge in a college course subject earn their degree efficiently and inexpensively. That prior learning could have taken place through advanced high school courses, independent reading, and study, online courseware or textbooks, noncredit courses, or on-the-job training.
AFTER THIS HIGH SCHOOL COURSE
|Study THIS CLEP Course||Take This Exam for FREE||College Credits Earned|
|Algebra 2||College Algebra||CLEP College Algebra||3|
|Pre-Calculus||College Mathematics||CLEP College Mathematics||up to 6|
|Biology||Biology||CLEP Biology||up to 8|
|Chemistry||Chemistry||CLEP Chemistry||up to 8|
|French 1 & 2||French||CLEP French||up to 12|
|Spanish 1 & 2||Spanish||CLEP Spanish||up to 12|
|English Composition 1-4 or AP English||English Composition||English Composition||up to 6|
Click here to search your area college and their CLEP Exam credit-granting courses: https://clep.collegeboard.org/school-policy-search#
Key CLEP Facts:
- Students take CLEP exams on a computer at official CLEP test centers.
- CLEP exams contain multiple-choice questions.
- CLEP exams take about 90–120 minutes to complete, depending on the exam subject.
- CLEP exams are offered year-round at more than 2,000 CLEP test centers across the country.
- Students receive their CLEP exam scores immediately after completing the exam (except for College Composition and Spanish with Writing).
- More than 2,900 U.S. colleges and universities grant credit for CLEP.
Freshman Year for Free™
Modern States is partnering with edX, the leading online learning platform founded by Harvard and MIT. Modern States has given edX the money to complete the development of more than 30 high-quality freshman college courses, taught by some of the world’s leading universities and professors. Each course includes online lectures, quizzes, tests, and other features. Textbooks and materials will also be provided online, free of charge.
The courses are designed to prepare students for the major “Advanced Placement” (AP)* or “College Level Examination Program” (CLEP)* tests offered by the College Board, including subjects such as History, Computer Science, Math, English, and Economics.
HOW IT WORKS
- Choose one or many free courses that interest you from great Universities.Explore Courses
- Courses prepare you for widely accepted Advanced Placement and CLEP exams already accepted for credit by more than 2,900 colleges and universities.FAQ
- Courses, textbooks, and materials are free; all you need are internet access and your own desire to learn. We offer links to tutoring & mentoring. Student Resources
- Enroll at a college that grants credit for passing well established AP* or CLEP* exams. AP/CLEP- for-credit Universities
- Pass eight exams and potentially earn your “Freshman Year for Free.” Learn More
- Learn more about AP and CLEP; verify that colleges you may attend grant credit for passing score