The Metaverse activities are covered by a number of media outlets. You will find both, newspapers, video and audio channels are available. The video broadcasting outlets host weekly TV shows, including games shows and take offs on many popular 1st lifte TV, interview programs and whats happing news, and the radio programs that cover everything from plain old music channels to interview programs with RL and SL movers and shakers. The written news is web based mostly in the form of blogs that you can subscibe to. Many of the educational, art, and special SL events are covered by all of these news outlets.
Metaverse News Watch
- “Collecting information about 3D user interfacing and immersive spaces” Created and curated by Mal Burns
Mal Burns curates this newspaper with topics from blogs, tweets, videos and much more via the Scoop.it media tool.
- Long time Second Life resident, Wagner Jame Au (Hamlet Au in SL), reports first-hand from the Metaverse.
This news blog has a number of roving reporters contribute to the publication.
- Metaverse Journal -The Metaverse Journal was started in 2006 and is based in Australia and brings an Australian perspective to virtual worlds news coverage. http://www.metaversejournal.com/
- Hypergrid Business – informational blog covering all areas of Open Sim. Everything you want to know about OS Grid options can be found here. http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/
- Live broadcasts of many popular weekly interviews, games shows, and sports events, all taking place in-world. – http://www.treet.tv/
- And, if you missed one or want to check it out before going to a live broadcast, previous shows are available in the archives. – http://archives.treet.tv/
MetaWorld2 – on LiveStream
- Live broadcasts of Metaverse Week In Review, interviews, and MBC News and shows hosted by Mal Burns and friends – http://www.livestream.com/metaworld2
And his new site – http://www.metaverseweekinreview.com/
Metaworld Broadcasting News (MBN) main stream with links to programs.
- Radio Riel is an Internet-based public radio station supported by listeners and sponsors, with six audio streams providing a unique selection of music, spoken-word, drama and additional programming to inform, educate and entertain, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.Listen in to one of their streams: http://radioriel.blogspot.com/
- Soup Radio is a non-profit online radio station dedicated to the arts, with a particular focus on the virtual world Second Life. New shows air on the first Saturday of every month.
Lots of ways to subscribe on their blog: http://soupradio.blogspot.com/