The University of Delaware’s TRIO Upward Bound Math/Science program is looking for self-motivated and strong leaders to fill several Resident Assistant/Tutor positions for our 6 week summer residential program, which will run from June 18 – July 27, 2018. There will be three days of mandatory training immediately preceding the summer program.
1. Ability to work in a 24/7 environment for the last three weeks that students reside on campus.
2. Exhibit consistent temperament.
3. Current university student in good academic standing.
4. Previous experience working with teens.
5. Exceptional communication skills.
6. A valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
1. Major in Education and minor in math or science.
2. Advising or supervisory experience in a residence hall setting.
3. Lifeguard certification.
4. CPR, First aid, and/or First Responder certification.
5. Background similar to that of program participants.
6. Experience with outdoor recreation, field-work, and/or research.
If you are interested in joining our team for the 2018 summer program, please submit the Summer Employment Application.