... documenting the history of the University of Delaware
Records Management Procedures – Training for University Personnel
The Archives staff offers one-on-one training for newly appointed department records management contacts and alternates. Refresher training is available upon request and can include all or part of the offerings listed below.
- Responsibilities of a records management contact.
- How to use the records center.
- How to destroy University records.
- Review of the Records Management Manual.
- Departmental/unit records retention schedule development and how to interpret a schedule.
- University records management policies, including traditional and electronic record keeping.
- Recommendations for maintaining records management materials in the department, such as, schedules, audit reports, container lists, destruction lists, etc.
- Explanation of records management terminology.
- History of archives and records management at the University.
- Benefits of departmental records audits.
- Difference between archives and records management.
- Legal issues/requirements for the University’s records management program.