Motor Pool maintains a regularly serviced base fleet of 35 vehicles for temporary business use by the University community as well as tracking and titles for all motor vehicles owned by the University and insured through the State of Delaware located on the Newark, Wilmington, and Lewes Campuses.
Motor Pool is liaison to the University Risk Management and State of Delaware Insurance Coverage Offices for purposes of motor vehicle and property damage claims arising from use of University owned motor vehicles.
Services Provided by Motor Pool
- Scheduling, documentation and billing of daily, weekly and monthly rentals for base fleet consisting of 14 minivans, 8 midsize and 2 full size sedans, 3 large and 4 small 4x4 SUV/Cargo type vehicles and 2 12-passenger ADA accessible Touring Vans on a 24 hour, first come first served basis.
Rental Rates (Excluding Gas)
|Vehicle Type||1/2 Day Rate||Daily Rate||Weekly Rate||Monthly Rate||Excess|
|7 Passenger Minivan||$54.00||$72.00||$368.00||$1310.00||$.15|
|8 Passenger Van||$56.00||$74.00||$402.00||$1360.00||$.15|
|10 Passenger Van||$58.00||$76.00||$412.00||$1400.00||$.15|
|Box Truck, 12ft||$56.00||$74.00||$402.00||$1360.00||$.15|
|12 Passenger/ADA Accessible||$93.00||$110.00||$584.00||N/A||$.15|
*Mileage Allowance – 1/2 Day = 75 miles, Daily = 100 miles, Weekly = 700 miles and Monthly = 1700 miles
- Receiving, assigning and titling of all new vehicle purchases in conjunction with Procurement Services for the Newark, Georgetown, and Lewes Campuses.
- Assisting University customers needing to retain, replace or cancel fleet fuel cards. In conjunction with the Facilities & Auxiliary Services Financial & Management Services.
- Investigation, documentation and claims processing of motor vehicle accidents involving University owned vehicles in partnership with the Public Safety Department.
- Financial Services and billing inquiries for the Motor Pool and Vehicle Maintenance Departments
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Phone: (302) 831-8471
Fax: (302) 831-4872
Evening and Weekend Emergency contact through Public Safety at ext. 2222 or 2223
Nancy Deputy, Service Coordinator, ext. 8471
Shearee Barnett, Manager ext. 3198