Culver Family Farms is looking for people who want a hands on experience in the agricultural industry. Our Farm has 130 acres of Sweet Corn, Kale and grains, and an 8,000 square foot greenhouse where we grow a variety of greens and herbs. We are looking for both full time and part time employees. The right applicant will get to experience a variety of different jobs including field harvest, tractor and equipment operation, packing room work, and greenhouse activities.
Applicants must be able to lift 50lbs, work both individually or in a group, and be able to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
If interested please contact Nick Culver at firstname.lastname@example.org or (856)624-3468
We are a family farm in northern Harford County, Maryland with several satellite stands in the area. We are currently looking for a manager to run one of the stands. The responsibilities are as follows:
- Pick up inventory at the farm daily
- Set up and maintain the stand throughout the day with good presentation
- Deliver ending inventory and receipts back to the farm daily
- Must be of good character and trustworthy
- Must be willing to work standing outdoors for 9-10 hours daily during the months of late June through August.
- Must have a small pick up truck or SUV suitable for hauling produce
- Must have an active smartphone with texting capabilities
- Must be responsible, reliable and punctual
- Must be able to fill out an I-9 and pass a detailed background check
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
As a location manager, you are expected to provide excellent customer service. This includes greeting each customer as they arrive and providing any recommendations in their selection of our produce.
Pay is on a commission basis. The better you do, the more you make!
This is a position that can be shared, if desired. Housing is also a possibility.
For more information and to apply, contact us at email@example.com.
Free Screening and Panel Discussion of Farmland
Alpha Gamma Rho is hosting a screening of the documentary Farmland followed by a panel discussion of the film with local farmers and the Delaware Secretary of Agriculture, Ed Kee. This free event will be on October 1st in the Trabant Theater starting at 6:30. Farmland is a documentary highlighting a couple farmers across the country growing a variety of different crops and livestock. The film touches briefly on the challenges facing the industry such as public perception of farming, GMOs vs. Organic, and women in agriculture. Our panel discussion will build on these topics, and you will have the chance to ask our panelists directly any question you may have about the industry as well!
View the trailer for the film here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p3BZwJ4xt0) and let us know you’re coming on Facebook here (https://www.facebook.com/events/985814778106810/) We hope to see you there!