Academic and career-focused positions available statewide for all seasons.
ALL MAJORS Welcome!
There are more opportunities in Delaware State Parks than meets the eye
In addition to Parks and Recreation, fields include:
• Early Childhood
• Animal Care
Among many others
Available Positions Include
• Environmental Educators
• Outdoor Day-Camp Counselors
• Historical Interpreters
• Collections Management
• Facility/Hospitality Management
• Environmental Conservation
• Park Management
• Program Management
• Rock Climbing
• Historical/Environmental Research
• Costumed Historical Educators
• Youth Conservation Corps Leader
• Zoo Education
• Zoo Keeper/Animal Care
Stipend available for most positions
Hands-on learning experience working with field experts
Housing available at no fee (limited – apply early!)
Free admission to all state parks and most state park activities
To view the full list of current positions and to apply please visit www.destateparks.com/internship
For more information, please contact Delaware State Parks’ Intern Office
302-739-9183 * DNREC_HelpYourPark@state.de.us
With Spring just around the corner, White Clay Creek State Park is currently looking for volunteer and intern applicants.
Environmental Education Volunteer Opportunities: White Clay Creek State Park
Position: Program Assistant for Elementary Environmental Education for Sand and Soils, Geology, and Ecology
Description: Assist the naturalists in leading outdoor environmental educations programs for 1-4th graders.
Contact: email@example.com or call (302) 368-6560 to set up volunteer interview.
Commitment: Volunteers must be available at least 1 weekday per week for April and May
Time: varies generally 9am-2pm
Currently interviewing for these positions. Please call 302-368-6560.
For Summer and Fall Internships visit:
In addition Summer Camp job openings will be posted soon.
To check on current job postings in Delaware State Parks visit
Feel free to email Barbara Woodford: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
MECKLENBURG COUNTY PARK AND RECREATION DEPARTMENT DIVISION OF NATURE PRESERVES & NATURAL RESOURCES
Position: Master Naturalist Program Coordinator
Location: Charlotte NC
Description/Responsibilities: We are seeking an energetic professional to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will manage the Central Carolinas Master Naturalist certification program. The goals of the program are to provide in-depth adult life-long learning opportunities and to develop a highly trained group of volunteer naturalists capable of offering environmental education and interpretive public programs and assisting with natural resources projects through Citizen Science and Stewardship. The Coord./Sup. will be tasked with networking with existing Master Naturalist programs nationwide, maintaining the program framework, continuing to grow and maintain existing partnerships with nonprofit agencies, universities and colleges, contracting with outside instructors, teaching courses, marketing, tracking program participants, and managing the program budget. Incumbent will work closely with nature center mangers and the natural resources manager to ensure program outcomes. Maintain and manage volunteer supported projects including Mecklenburg County NestWatch, Mecklenburg County Project eMammal, and the Pollinator Garden Project.
Specifically, the Coordinator will:
- Serve as the primary contact and lead person for the Central Carolinas Master Naturalist Program.
- Stay abreast with the Alliance of Natural Resource Outreach and Service Programs and networking with other existing Master Naturalist programs.
- Ensure the continuation of the program framework (class topics, design, length, etc.) to assist participants in understanding NC ecology, native wildlife, plants, natural resource related topics and programs, and education and interpretive techniques.
- Meet or exceed all program goals, targets, and measurements.
- Administer program-operating budget.
- Work closely with the Park and Recreation Department volunteer coordinator to track and manage volunteers.
- Coordinate and contract with instructors as needed for classes, as well as teach individual classes.
- Develop and implement program marketing.
- Continue partnerships with area universities or colleges.
- Manage volunteer interns to ensure continuation of volunteer projects including Project eMammal, Project NestWatch, and Mecklenburg Monarch Project.
- Assist with operations of the county nature centers and assist with special events and programs as needed.
- Work as part of an overall team within the department to provide recreational and educational programs, special events, and volunteer opportunities.
Previous experience designing adult education programs, establishing partnerships, teaching natural resource classes, and managing volunteers preferred. Knowledge of NC native plants, animals, and ecology preferred. Position requires frequent evening and weekend hours.
This position is responsible for supervising staff or the overall functions of a program, ensuring quality control and appropriateness of the program, coordinating special projects, and preparing applicable reports. Incumbents in this class may also assist in the development of the program. Bachelor’s Degree in related field and three years of experience in area of assignment or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s Degree preferred. Some positions may require a valid NC or SC driver’s license and the ability to obtain and maintain a County Operator’s Permit.
Please in addition to applying online, send your resume to Stephen Hutchinson.
Environmental Education Manager
Nature Preserves and Natural Resources
Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation