The Trammell Urban Ecology Lab is seeking UD students, staff, and faculty to participate in an online survey about trees on the University of Delaware campus. The survey should take approximately 10 minutes of your time and your responses are anonymous. The survey will be open until October 30th, 2018 at 11:59 pm. All participants that finish the survey will be entered in a random drawing for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card. Please use this link to access the survey.
The Garden Club of America funds 28 scholarships, which provides over $330,000 in financial aid to qualified students. The GCA funds studies and research in the following areas: forestry to applied plant sciences to ecology and evolutionary biology, landscape architecture, and horticulture. To learn more about the GCA scholarships, requirements, and deadlines visit their website: GCA Scholarships
Summer scholarships in field botany for undergraduate and graduate students
- A scholarship for graduate study in public horticulture
- A fellowship to study pollinator decline
- An award to fund graduate and advanced undergraduate students studying horticulture, conservation, botany, environmental science and landscape design relating to arid landscapes
- A fellowship in urban forestry
- An offering in summer environmental studies for residents of New Jersey or non-residents studying in New Jersey
- A fellowship in ecological restoration
- Regional scholarships for undergraduates or graduate students who wish to pursue the study of horticulture and related subjects
- Awards for summer environmental studies to undergraduates following their freshman, sophomore or junior years
- A scholarship to study the habitat of threatened or endangered native birds of the U.S.
- A grant for graduate students to conduct field research on biology and management of rare flora
- A scholarship for undergraduate or graduate students for the study abroad of tropical horticulture and botany
- A fellowship in garden history and design
- An internship in garden history and design with a preference given to those who want to intern at the Smithsonian
- A summer scholarship in medicinal botany primarily for undergraduate students
- A fellowship in medicinal botany
- Awards in tropical botany for Ph.D. candidates to pursue independent field study
- Funding to assist graduate students for field work and research in coastal wetland studies
- A fellowship in landscape architecture at the American Academy in Rome
- Scholarships for graduate study in horticulture and landscape architecture in Great Britain
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
With Spring just around the corner, White Clay Creek State Park is currently looking for volunteer and intern applicants.
Environmental Education Volunteer Opportunities: White Clay Creek State Park
Position: Program Assistant for Elementary Environmental Education for Sand and Soils, Geology, and Ecology
Description: Assist the naturalists in leading outdoor environmental educations programs for 1-4th graders.
Contact: email@example.com or call (302) 368-6560 to set up volunteer interview.
Commitment: Volunteers must be available at least 1 weekday per week for April and May
Time: varies generally 9am-2pm
Currently interviewing for these positions. Please call 302-368-6560.
For Summer and Fall Internships visit:
In addition Summer Camp job openings will be posted soon.
To check on current job postings in Delaware State Parks visit
Feel free to email Barbara Woodford: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.