The David A. Plastino Program awards study grants up to $6,000 to
selected undergraduate students at the University of Delaware who
exhibit extraordinary talent, promise, and imagination.
The grants support self-designed, off-campus learning experiences that
make a transformational difference in the lives of Plastino Scholars
and enable them to pursue a passionate interest to a degree not
Any undergraduate student at the University of Delaware may apply
provided that, at the time of application, they are enrolled for at
least twelve semester hours and have not completed more than five
Further information and application materials are available at
Upcoming Info Sessions:
September 20, 5:00 pm
October 6, 7:00 pm
A great opportunity for seniors seeking graduate programs!
The Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) is launching new diversity fellowship program to help historically underrepresented students pursue careers in the U.S. foreign service. The program is administered in partnership with Howard University and provides funding for selected students to receive master’s degrees in Agribusiness or Agricultural Economics from the accredited U.S. university of their choice. Fellows will participate in domestic and overseas internships with FAS and will be offered extensive mentoring and professional development opportunities.
The application deadline is October 6, 2022.
FAS Program Page: https://www.fas.usda.gov/programs/diversity-fellowship-program
Apply At: https://apply.fasdiversityfellowship.org/
FAS foreign service career info: https://www.fas.usda.gov/fas-foreign-service-careers
The IPPS Eastern Region offers scholarships for qualifying students to cover registration costs for our Annual Conferences, held in September. Students may apply for a scholarship to attend for 1,2,3 or all 4 days of the event.
The annual conference is a fantastic opportunity to network and build invaluable relationships with the best in the business from across the country. The four day conference consists of behind-the-scenes-tours to local nurseries and botanic gardens as well as an educational session of thought-provoking talks by industry experts and business professionals. A poster session, plant auctions and time to socialize round out the event.
A generous number of student scholarships are available. The estimated value of the scholarships varies from $100 to $600 depending on the length of attendance. This is not a cash award but a complimentary registration. Students are responsible for their own travel and overnight accommodations.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Lallemand Animal Nutrition is excited to offer, for the eighth consecutive year, the Lallemand Forward Scholarship for students pursuing degrees in agriculture. The 2022 program offers: two $2,500 undergraduate scholarships, one $3,000 Doctor of Veterinary Medicine scholarship, one $3,000 master’s program scholarship and one $3,000 doctoral scholarship. Applications are open to students in the United States, Mexico and Canada.
“We are proud to have provided more than $95,000 to exceptional students that are currently improving our industry,” says says Kip Karges, Ph.D., Technical Services Manager for Lallemand Animal Nutrition, North America. “The continual investment into this scholarship program, is our commitment to students and their future in the agriculture industry.”
Criteria for undergraduate scholarship applicants are:
- Must be a full-time student, pursuing a four-year degree in an agricultural program
- Hold junior status or higher (minimum of 60 credit hours)
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- Must submit the Forward application, transcript and a 500-word essay answering one of three essay questions found in the full guidelines
Criteria for Doctor of Veterinary Medicine scholarship applicants are:
- Must be a full-time student, in their third year of a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program focused on production animals
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent
- Must submit a 300- to 500-word statement on their career plans after graduation
- Must submit the Forward application, transcripts and a 500-word essay answering one of three essay questions found in the full guidelines
Criteria for master’s and doctoral scholarship applicants are:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited master’s or Ph.D. program in animal, agricultural sciences or a related field
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- Must submit the Forward application, synopsis of work, transcripts and a 500-word essay answering one of three essay questions found in the full guidelines
All scholarship submissions are due to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 30, 2022. For questions regarding the scholarship, email email@example.com. Scholarships will be awarded during the fall 2022 semester.
Farms.com is eager for the return of the Precision Agriculture Scholarship Contest—students who have a precision ag idea that will have a positive impact on the environment, or are socially responsible, are encouraged to apply!
You could WIN 1 of 3 US$2,000 scholarships (one winner will be awarded in each region: Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom).
Students can be studying in any field, not just agriculture, including robotics, AI, engineering, environmental science, etc. However, the ideas need to be practical and appealing to farmers!
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION – Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 11:59 PM (Eastern North America).
For more information on how to enter and eligibility, visit here.
Ready for an experience of a lifetime?
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is recruiting 9 fellows for a 9-month USDA fellowship in Uganda beginning June 2022. This opportunity empowers fellows to hone their skills and gain practical field experience while contributing to impactful work. Fellows will help establish school-based agricultural education and youth extension programs at participating schools through classroom instruction, field demonstrations, and entrepreneurship projects.
Learn more about what fellows will be doing through the IAEFP Ghana experience: IAEFP Facebook and IAEFP Instagram
This USDA-funded fellowship offers:
- Funds for airfare, housing, food, visa, insurance, and travel vaccines
- An opportunity to experience agricultural education in an international development setting
- Strong oversight and security team based on strong networks developed over a 65-year presence
- An intentionally cultivated fellowship cohort to help ease transitions and share knowledge
- Opportunities for involvement with other CRS projects during semester breaks
To apply, applicants need at least a Bachelor’s degree in an ag-related field and US citizenship.
Interested candidates who meet these requirements, should reach out to Priyanka Subba firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to apply. Application deadline is May 13th
More information about this opportunity can be found on the CRS IAEFP Webpage and in the this brochure.
The Philadelphia Society for Promoting Agriculture is accepting applications for the 2022 Fred Winter Memorial Award for Excellence in Horticulture.
Criteria to be considered for this award include:
- Full Time Student who is of Junior or Senior Class Standing in Horticulture or related field
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or better
- Live or attend school in the area PSPA serves which includes: PA, NJ, MD, OR DE.
- Student must be interested in employment in horticulture industry or in furthering their education in horticulture or related field.
Please apply here by May 1st, 2022 and send all completed applications to Dr. Carl Brown at email@example.com.
Maryland Grain Producers
New this year, the Maryland Grain Producers and the National Corn Growers Association are combining their scholarship application process. This will allow our grain members to apply for multiple scholarships at once!
Applications are due January 31, 2022.
Learn more: Maryland Grain Producers and the National Corn Growers Association
Mid-Atlantic Certified Crop Advisers
The Mid Atlantic Certified Crop Advisers (MACCA) has established a scholarship program, that will award up to two deserving students with scholarships in the amount of $1,000 each ($500 for each semester) enrolled in an agronomy related program at an accredited junior college or university. Up to one year after college graduation, recipients will have the opportunity to take the CCA Exam, free of cost.
Applications must be received by Friday, February 18, 2022.
Learn more: Mid-Atlantic Certified Crop Advisers
To help students with the financial aspect of pursuing their passion for agriculture, the GROWMARK Foundation is once again offering its scholarship program for students in the United States and Ontario, Canada. A $1,500 scholarship will be awarded to fifteen individuals who are pursuing two or four-year degrees or trade school certification in an agriculture-related field.
Applications are due April 14, 2022.
Learn more: GROWMARK Foundation
The Milton Garden Club is now accepting applications for the Milton Garden Club High School Scholarship. The number of scholarships awarded is based on the number of qualified applicants.
- Applicants must be graduating high school seniors pursuing post-secondary education and legal residents of Sussex County, Delaware.
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to the study of landscape or ornamental horticulture; plant science including sustainable landscapes, production horticulture, plant pathology, plant biology and genetics, soils and environmental quality; landscape design and architecture; agribusiness marketing and management or another similar related field.
- Applicants will be judged on the following criteria:
- 1. Financial need
- 2. Scholastic Achievement
- 3. Community service, leadership and activities in and out of school
- 4. Application appearance, organization and completeness
The application deadline is APRIL 1, 2022.